Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Lin and Im new here. Im interested in the fearx dvds for my window this year and have a question on if this projector would be ok. My husband says he doesn't want any part of helping me in this as he always gets stuck doing these types of things so Im on my own. lol

The Unic UC40 seems to have gotten good reviews. The price is around $90 with shipping from China

I will only be using this for a window projection with the dvd.

Also Im not sure if we even have a dvd player, would I be able to hook the projector up to an Ipad Mini? I see there is hook ups for iphones not sure about ipad mini though.

Or is there another option such as using flash drive or other simple thing so this wouldnt cost a fortune without using a dvd player.

222222222.jpg

Unic UC40 which i saw on ebay (it wont allow me to put the link in as I havent posted 3 things yet). It says has 800 lumens, 1920 x 1080 native resolution, HDMI AV SD 1080P, This high definition mini projector aims to simplify the operation of projector, and it is the high cost-effective device for home theater, business conference, entertainment, etc. It supports the input of USB, AV, SD, HDMI, IR, so it can support equipment with this interfaces, such as tablet PC, computer, smartphone, laptop, VCD/DVD, MP4/5, digital camera, TV set-top box, game machine (PS3, PS4, XBOX, etc ). The maximum resolution ups to 1920*1080, also with 800 lumens for clear and bright images for you. You must love it.

Feature:

Portable and light weight, convenient to carry and use.
Simply and effective operation design for convenient and easy operating
Easy operation of focusing provides better protection for lens
Projector itself has the function of multimedia supporting, it can support format of WAV, AAC, ASF, MP3, AVI, FLV, RMVB,TXT, etc.
Have the trapezoid twist function that to normalize the twisted image via digital or optical technology.

·
Registered
683 Posts
By the looks of it, the projector has a usb port, so if your video file is one the formats listed above, then simply save the file onyo a stick drive and connect. it should play it without need to add a dvd player or anything else.

Victor

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Not saying it won't work but personally I don't think 800 lumens is enough for window projections. I would go with something at least 2000 lumens. There's always good used projectors on ebay for under $100. BTW, welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

One more question there is 5 foot space between our big picture window and wall so that is what we have to work with, would 5 feet be enough to get a good size image on the window or do we need more room. The window is probably 4-5 feet wide by 3+ high. Or we could also do,the smaller window next to it which is 3H X 2 L if the bigger window wouldn't work

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Not likely that 5' will be enough. There are short throw projectors but probably more $$ than you wanna spend and 5' may not even be enough for those. You could use a mirror positioned at 45 degrees from the window and then have the projector off to the side aimed at the mirror. This is a fairly simple way of increasing the distance between the window and projector.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!! I am not a technical expert when it comes to projectors, so I'll leave it for the others here.

But, I am using a projection for the first time this year. We will be using two of the Atmosfearfx DVDs. I have used this calculator to help determine the throw distance for my specific projector. It's easy to use, just plug in your width and height of your window, the specific projector and it will tell you the approx distance you will need to place your projector.

[url]http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm[/URL]

For example, my window is 95"w x 53"h. Based on my Epson 730hd projector, my throw distance is a little over 11' from the window. That's where I need to place my projector, then adjust from there.

If you need help narrowing down projectors to meet your application, they have this calculator:
[url]http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm[/URL]

My husband won't participate in any Halloween decor, so I'm totally on my own also. No worries, you can do this! I have found lots of great advice and help from posters here! There are tons of talent.

Welcome again to Halloween Forum!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and welcome to the forum!! I am not a technical expert when it comes to projectors, so I'll leave it for the others here.

But, I am using a projection for the first time this year. We will be using two of the Atmosfearfx DVDs. I have used this calculator to help determine the throw distance for my specific projector. It's easy to use, just plug in your width and height of your window, the specific projector and it will tell you the approx distance you will need to place your projector.

[url]http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm[/URL]

For example, my window is 95"w x 53"h. Based on my Epson 730hd projector, my throw distance is a little over 11' from the window. That's where I need to place my projector, then adjust from there.

If you need help narrowing down projectors to meet your application, they have this calculator:
[url]http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm[/URL]

My husband won't participate in any Halloween decor, so I'm totally on my own also. No worries, you can do this! I have found lots of great advice and help from posters here! There is tons of talent.

Welcome again to Halloween Forum!
Oh good I'm not alone in this lol. Thanks again! I'm determined to do this

·
Registered
683 Posts
The projector will be fine for outdoor use. Though it claims 800 lumens, its probably gonna be a lot lower than than. But still more than enough for use outside. It doesn't have zoom so plan accordingly when mounting for your videos.

Victor

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I think she said this is for window projections. As I said, not saying it won't work but I wouldn't bank on 800 lumens.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is rear projection test using a 20 lumen pico projector (Optoma PK201) firing on black plastic table cloth from inside the garage. Although the UC40 is "rated" at 800, I'm fairly certain its nowhere near that. But the the 20 lumen is pretty legit, as the projector is from a known vendor Optoma and many of their products have been professionally reviewed, so I'm good with the specs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts