Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arghh mateys! Tis here another pirate haunt thread... this is my first year doing a theme (previously would just put out our tombstones, witch groundbreaker and grim reaper) and my first year doing pirates. So thankful for all the inspiration; @Edmund K I’m looking at you!
Loving this theme, skeleton pirates, and the whimsy. Still have some lighting tweaking to do but happy with it for the first year. Would love to see other pirate haunts and yards!

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's a salty display, indeed! You have some great vignettes displaying your cavorting crew! I especially like the ship, and the "rigging" (that will be on my list for next year, BTW!). The lighting looks great, too! Do try to keep those fellows out of the rum, though, they just don't have the stomach for it anymore 😉😀

·
Registered
518 Posts
The ships captain is amazing! And so is the ship, this looks great. I feel bad for your other props, they may never see the light of day again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here's my skeleton crew, enjoying their "spirits" while awaiting the arrival of All Hallow's Eve-

And this is my costume for this year!-

The two leather pouches on my belt contain real metal doubloons, handing them out to those who need a "bit o' shine"!
Can't wait to have some creepy fun!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Arrgh, never enough pirate posts matey. I run a Pirate theme every 3rd year. Love it. My album has a couple photos. (canons, map, treasure chest, etc..)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Arrgh, never enough pirate posts matey. I run a Pirate theme every 3rd year. Love it. My album has a couple photos. (canons, map, treasure chest, etc..)
I loved looking at those album pics, chef! I'm definitely "borrowing" the idea of a skeleton staked to the ground by a cutlass! My guys need another shipmate, even if they have to pin him down!

·
Registered
702 Posts
love the pirate theme! It was ( and still is ) one of my favorites. there is so much you can do with it and it always amazes me to see how others do their pirate displays. Both of yours look fantastic

·
Registered
510 Posts
For those looking for a fast way to get a pirate ship, check marketplace, buy and sell, or your local selling platform. I often see Little Tikes pirate ship toddler beds for cheap! Plastic so weather isn’t an issue and without a mattress makes a great spot for your pirates to sit or stand inside. Ship detailing is in the plastic mold mold and it’s not too big - can git in even the smallest of yards! The car befs also make great monster mobiles!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts