Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I finished this today. This is one of several designs that I want to use the corpse fairys for.

All I need to do is punch holes in the lid for air and I might hide a led light in the lid so you can light it at night. Thoughts?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

These are very easy to make, it took me maybe 2 hours to make this not including time for latex to dry.

These are the cheap 6" or so skeletons that they sold at the dollar tree. the ones that had 4 skelly's on a rope.

Trust me if I can do it anybody can.

Just got done posing a few more for another scene. I got 4 more scenes in my head that I want to do with these and then I'm moving to something else.

can't wait till the first of the year so I can start working on props:D

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Yeah! I have some of those little skellies! But, how did you get it so possible. The ones I have pose to a certain degree but not as far as you got it to pose. And then it has a tendency to want to go back to straight. I was going to make trophies out of mine but the posing caused so many problems. How did you do it? And the wings?

MsM

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To pose these little guys I just snapped the joint into then hot glued it.

The wings are very simple...floral wire bent into the shape of the wings then i use latex and tissue paper. I didn't want the shear look for the wings but wanted to go for the more organic membrane..flesh look LOL.

A

·
0 Posts
Very nice work willy ... I am partial to the fairy theme (I've done a few fairy sketches) ... nice artwork! Very original ... makes me wish I bought a few of those little skeletons.

Look forward to seeing more. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
These are really great. I have to agree with Hamm you have talent. Such a creative view of things, very gifted. I am going to try tomake one of these for my witch hut. I would like to do something just like this one. So I was hoping to get your permission.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone again for the ego boost.

brushe...you don't need my permission..have fun. I would love to see some pics when your done.

Glass eye...you will realy be sad for the fairys when you see my next one. I start on it today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To pose these little guys I just snapped the joint into then hot glued it.

The wings are very simple...floral wire bent into the shape of the wings then i use latex and tissue paper. I didn't want the shear look for the wings but wanted to go for the more organic membrane..flesh look LOL.
LOL. I thought you made the wings out of those leaf pods that fall from trees. The same leafs that you played with when you were a little kid. I called it Helicopter leafs. Those look really cool if you look at theme close. They look like they could work for wings as well. IMO. LoL.
But diffidently like your detail work. Really cool stuff...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts