Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm making the bottomless pit and was going to pick up a "delay relay" from Lowe's along with a motion sensor. I saw this on another site. Well, I asked for the delay relay and they had no idea what I was talking about even after I told them what it did. Does anyone know what it would be called to sales clerk at a box store?

Thanks

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
They're sometimes called time delay relays. When powered up, they activate or deactivate a relay after the time period you set on them has expired.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that's exactly what I wrote down and told the electrical guys at Lowes. Guess I should try Home Depot.

ty

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
Try All Electronics or Jameco , you'll probably have better luck.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
You might have seen that from one of my posts on Haunt Forum. As Otaku said, it's a time delay relay. Common types are on-delay, off-delay, interval-delay and one-shot. Off-delay and interval delay tend to be the best for props. The best source is eBay. Lowes or Home Depot won't have them and they expensive new from someplace like McMaster-Carr.

How are you planning to implement it?

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Yup, that's exactly what I wrote down and told the electrical guys at Lowes. Guess I should try Home Depot.

ty
Ya Home depot & lowes hires brain surgeons.......... :rolleyes:
2 General rules at HD & Lowes ;
A- most semi-retired people that work there actually know what your talking about & are helpful
B- the rest make Zombies with rotted brains look like ivy leaguers
So if ya gotta ask,just head for the door............... :rolleyes:

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Check Ebay.

I just bought 4 new adjustable time delay relays on Ebay for $4.00 each. They are DPDT so I can use them for on or off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts