Halloween Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I didn't go the screws in PVC route because that would probably be incompatible with the plungers on the keys. My only access to the keys is the small shaft sticking through the tiny hole. There's a large metal plate that blocks the rest of the key from the shaft, which I can't remove.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: I made some progress tonight. ThePod had suggested replacing the rubber boots under the key plungers with plastic beads. I started doing that tonight. I went to Michaels and got a box of beads for $2.99. The holes are too small, so I had to put them in a vice and drill the holes bigger 1 bead at a time. It still takes a lot of force to push a bead onto the metal pin, and occasionally I crack one in half. No worries, I have like 300 of them. ;)

I went back to my original cam design with the PVC and the PVC ridges/troughs and it actually works now! I also discovered that I was only pushing 6 volts to my motor, so it's been running much slower than I realized. That's a good thing... maybe I won't have to change motors after all. Now where did I put those 12 volt transformers???

I'll shoot some video when I have a decent amount of keys moving.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.