Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Looking good. Do you plan on adding a cam to the foot pedals also?

On the small metal push rods, could you replace the red rubber boots with a round plastic bead. I think the smooth rounded surface would ride easier along the cams.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Hey X, just came up with an awesome idea. Instead of using a cam to work the keys, what if you were to connect the metal rods to small electronic pull solenoids an wire them to the Insteon I/O Lincs. Then use your LightShowMaster software to control the solenoids causing the keys to press. Not only would it work, but you could actually program the correct keys to play with the music that was playing. Now that would be a wild prop!

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Don't know if these will work..... Small w/ 6-32 thread on plunger..... Could you thread the organ push rods with a die cutter? Then just screw the solenoid onto the key rod.

X, you stated that the I/O Linc's ony support one relay output per unit, bummer..... SmartHome does sell a 4 pack but that's still costly per key.... What about using the Insteon 8-Zone sprinkler controller? That would give you 8 controlable keys per device for approx. $15 a key? I think if you could pull this off with the LightShowMaster program, it would be a better effect as a cam would just have keys going up and down, LSM would allow you to press and hold a key for the duration of a note. Then you could just add an organ solo to your light show..... :D Or have him playing along with the lght show as its going on......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts