Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So I am ready to dress my ghost, the directions say to use nylon string, but I thought you were suppose to use fishing line. If I use nylon string, won't it show?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I went to Walmart and bought the green fishing line made by Stren, used for night time fishing, it does'nt show that much at all. Very happy with it, 20lb will do you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks! I have some 20 lb. fishing line, its just clear though. Another question, I want to hang this thing from my ceiling in the living room in front of a big picture window. My husband doesn't want to do it though because of the large holes I would have to put in the ceiling for the hooks. Are there any alternatives?

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I used 60lb test fishing line. Clear. Works great!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Goolie, I think the only way around not putting attachments in your ceiling is to build a platform frame which will let you attach it to a top cross beam or two. It could be a wide platform though depending on the width of your window or you could build a smaller platform if you have drapes that would decrease the viewing angle.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I built a PVC frame to encase the front window and drape black plastic over it to keep out lite from behind it.FCG hangs from cross bars.AND it comes apart and stores flat in the attic.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will probaby have to do that, though the problem this year is time. I don't have time to build that this year. I have wanted an fcg for so long and now that I finally have one I am really upset by the prospect of not being able to display it. Hubby says we can put the hooks in the ceiling and then next year maybe build a platform for it. I guess I can patch the holes and paint over them later. Thanks for all the great advice.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another question...........sorry guys....Is it possible to hang this thing from just one hook rather than three? If i tied rope to each eye bolt and hung that off of the hook would it still work okay? Has anyone tried it this way?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Personally I went to AC Moore and hit the beading aisle. Bought some of the black nylon coated wire they used for making necklaces and such. Thin steel cable that's str4ong and damn near invisible even in the light from across a room. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Another question...........sorry guys....Is it possible to hang this thing from just one hook rather than three? If i tied rope to each eye bolt and hung that off of the hook would it still work okay? Has anyone tried it this way?
Do you mean hang the ghost from the rig, or the rig from whatever it's being mounted to?

The ghost will need all three points to work properly mainly for the separation of the points. Otherwise the arms would be next to her head.

The rig on the other hand, if suspended by a single point with ropes going to the corners of the rig will work just fine so long as it's shielded from any wind that would cause the whole setup to rotate.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I was referring to the rig itself. I was thinking I need to put three hooks in my ceiling to suspend it. My hubby wasn't thrilled with this idea, but I think if I can get away with suspending the rig from only one hook, this would make him much happier, thus, making me much happier! LOL

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, that shouldn't interfere with it's functioning at all then. Like I said, just any breeze might cause the whole setup to turn. But if it's going to be indoors, you should be fine.

If you DO find it still moves around (e.g. if you have air ducts near by for heat) you could always stabilize it by running a piece of fishing line from the corner of the rig to something like a nearby curtain rod.

Wow, my typing skills are awful today. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts