1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,585 Posts
Yeah, I just read that. The costume itself was perfectly fine, the name was "iffy". Either they meant naughty as in mischevious/trouble making/bad little kid or it was a mistake in the name that got put on the package. I'm sure it wasn't actually meant to be sexual! (At least, I hope not!) A big to-do about it wasn't really needed.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
why would they even label a childs costume as naughty anything? turning them into little ho-bags early i suppose.

while i agree being PC is overrated, kids grow up too fast as it is, they can be naughty whatever they want when they're adults. lets start with "adorable" and "little"... not "naughty" and "slutty"

the costume itself is cute but the name could definitely use a revision.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Because of the title 'naughty' in the name of it and the thinking that it 'sexualizes' toddlers, a leopard costume for young girls just got pulled from the shelves of Walmart stores:eek: So sick of this PC BS and many simply giving in to the unreasonable demands just to 'keep the peace'... How many others want off of this planet?:rolleyes:

I want to stay on this planet. I just want the idiots to leave.

funny-captions-you-off-my-planet.jpg

Eric

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think the costume looks great, it's just the name of it.. I mean I don't work in retail but even I wouldn't title a costume like that as naughty especially as it was aimed at the toddler age bracket.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Regardless as to how you take the word "naughty", it really doesn't make sense for the costume either way. They need to recall the costume, fix the name on the cardboard package and then it'll be just fine to put back out. It's a cute little costume.
pretty much this. if all the other "naughty" costumes werent meant in a sexual way then no one would think twice about this, except it still doesnt fit the costume anyways. nothing naughty about a cute little leopard costume for toddlers, behavior or sexual.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!
O! You better watch out!
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why

That costume is really just a test to see if you have a dirty mind. Are we really to the point where "naughty" only implies to teens wearing slutty costumes?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is simply more evidence to me that we, as a species, are just going to "stupid" ourselves to extinction.
That would be the best thing that could possibly happen...:eek:

Are we really to the point where "naughty" only implies to teens wearing slutty costumes?
No, it now also applies to toddlers, apparently:rolleyes:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yet they do not recall ..or people do not complain about the costumes aimed at pre teens and even teens that ARE way to sexy for that age...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
That think looks like a dance costume. Poor wording but then the thing was probably made in China & we've all seen badly translated English words on products from China so maybe they got some things confused. Maybe that was supposed to be the card for an adult "naughty" costumes & the factory screwed up. It would be easy if English weren't your first language to confuse "naughty" with something else or not understand that naughty doesn't just mean "bad behavior" but especially when it comes to Halloween costumes.

I have a metal sign someone bought me that actually says "Trick or Treak" on it & it was a China made product. It's one of my favourite things & I hang it up somewhere every year just because it's misspelled.

I could understand pulling it if it really were what we'd consider a "naughty" costume, but this just looks like a factory screw up or something along those lines.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Anyone who reads sexual innuendo into a toddler's costume, no matter what it's called, has serious issues that removing the word 'naughty' can't fix.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Trick or treak...lol...wonder if Miley Cyrus has one that says Trick or Twerk...oh wait...that one could hang in a house of ill repute couldn't it??

·
Banned
186 Posts
Naughty leopard? Perhaps walmart and those who complained need to stay off "adult sites" if they think naughty is only applied to "adult themes". Children are never naughty? Doesn't santa ask them each year if they've been naughty or nice?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts