Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like everyone is making cemetery entrance arch signs this year. I thought I would share the progress on mine so far. A lot of work was put into it this weekend but it still needs to be weathered, an anchoring system built, and possibly some coach lanterns added. Here it is so far.

A quick sketchup drawing of what it should roughly look like. Things always get changed in mid build it seems though.

The subdivision I live in is named "Merry Acres" so I'm going to make it look like vandals changed it to "Scerry Acres".

First I glued the columns together. 8' tall

Added some trim.

And slapped on some paint.

Next, we drew out the sign on a 4'X8' piece of 3" foam.

Routed out the mid section for the letters.

Cut out the rest of the sign, a cross, and painted.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Sweet stang you got there. Entrance looks awesome too

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made the inside base that will be used to anchor it to the ground. The columns should slip over these after the rebar is driven into the ground.

I added the lanterns. In hindsight I wish I had gone higher with these. They are at eye level right now. I may end up changing them.

I've still got to do a lot of touch up paint and then weathering.

·
Registered
237 Posts
thought about how you'll pull the rebar out after it's done? A trick that works for me is use a bumper jack as low as it will go tie a piece of strong rope around the post as low as you can get it;tie a loop and place loop over hook on bumper jack and jack up,repete as needed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts