Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there's Blavod...which is apparently out of stock at BevMo...
But can anyone tell me if Absolut Black Vodka is actually black in color or is it justclear vodka in a black bottle?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I am not sure. I hope if that what's it's called that it is actually black. I am sure the staff at the liqour store could tell you. There is also Vampie Vodka which I think is dark red.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i'm not 100% sure but i think absolut black is clear, they call it black because it's supposed to be a superior vodka, really smooth.
this year i've bought some blavod, i'll put some black colored sugar on top of the glasses and add blood orange juice on top when my guests are watching..:p
i hope you'll find a black vodka.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love the look of the Blavod, but it definitely has a different taste than other vodkas. Probably much better as a mixer than straight!

·
Registered
128 Posts
of course there are other black vodkas; i also have a delicious black tequila (cinnamon flavored) called scorpion, i bought it in england a few years ago..

otherwise, why don't you put a few drops of liquid black food coloring in your vodka, you could also print a nice label and give it another name !!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've found 2 black coloued vodkas, eristoff flavored with wild berries, and fruko-schulz from czechoslovakia (sp). Smirnoff black label is clear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Neither of which appear to be available in Canada...hmmm... are there any black juices or mixers out there that anyone knows of? I want to avoid adding my own black food colouring as much as possible.
megs

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i'm going to Andorra tomorrow, duty free land of all spirits! I'm sure there be black vodka in the shops there but i don't think it would get to canada in time for your party.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I bought some eristoff black vodka yesterday, its only 20%proof so not so good! But i did see black bacardi its probably available in Canada. Or what about adding creme de cassis to vodka.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts