Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We just got this dropped in our mailbox last week. It took us by surprise but, brightened up our day. I'll rewrite this here.

To the Gentlemen Up-the-Street:

We are a couple of flakes who happen to be neighbors a few blocks away. We have never met you but want to say a big THANK YOU!

We drive by your house most every day and enjoy your flowers and your holiday decorations. Like all of us, we have good days and not-so-good. It brightens the spirits any day to see something colorful and lovely and often with a unique twist!

The BEST was the palm tree set with the drinks on the table in early December. Each and every time we went by that display it brought a great big smile! Winter is long and cold and we all have to keep our sense of humor. You did it! It was great!

Keep on having fun and we'll all enjoy it!

Happy New Year and may your good days always out-number the not-so-good!

We think we know which family did this but, not sure. I know they are the ones who always slow down when I'm out creating the Halloween stuff but, they have no children to bring by. The husband is also in a wheelchair so can't easily get out and come over and see what I'm doing.
Has any other member been gifted with this type of response?

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
What a great surprise for you!! How nice that those folks took time to thank you. We never know how our smallest gesture can brighten someone's day, do we?

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Aww, that's a really nice letter! That was really sweet of them to go out of their way to thank you like that. Why can't we all have neighbors like that?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
That's really good to hear. We got a few Thank You cards years ago back when we had a really Over-The-Top display (TV crews, newspaper coverage) but NEVER a hand-written note. Kudos!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
That's great Growler! It must be a good feeling to know that your hard work is appreciated by your neighbours. especially senior members of the community.
Over here in England, it's still thought of as a little eccentric and OTT to have a full home haunt. All we've ever had from the neighbours is complaints about screaming kids and flashing strobes...miserable buggers::(:(

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I have to say that when I read the title of this post I was expecting to read about a letter of negativity. But WOW! Kind of gives everyone that extra incentive to make our yard display even better. :) Thanks so much for sharing it with this group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts