Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always go to a local park that has the last two weekends reserved for Halloween. Campsites are decorated and candy is given out.
My parents are going with us this year. I need some help with food this year, to make it more themed . But I am limitied because we are camping. usually pre- make meals and take them with us. any ideas??

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Fun! I used to do a lot of camping when I was a kid, and I think we'll probably do a bit of it as our kids get bigger & can be trusted not to wander off.

Sweet potatoes or baked potatoes wrapped in foil & put under hot ashes/coals are always yummy! Or red bliss small potatoes boiled in a pot. Sliced apples with cinnamon & drizzled with maple syrup & apple juice heated in a pan until softened are a great dessert. Make or buy frozen meatballs & then heat up with red sauce & have meatball sandwiches. You can do white chicken chili as something different than typical red chili. Grilled cheese & tomato soup is a nice cool weather meal that you can do while camping. A sandwich buffet can be great too - meats, cheeses, some greens & sauces so everyone can make their own.

Grab some bananas & make banana boats for dessert! We used to do those in Girl Scouts - yum!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Baked Bananas are always good. Wrap your banana in foil and put on/near to the embers or on the grill of the bbq. Turn if needed until feel soft. Peel carefully and then stick lots of chunks of chocolate into it to melt.

You could do egg eye potates. Bake a potato as normal, then cut in half and spoon out some of the filling. Crack an egg into the hole and put back on the fire (cover if needed to stop ash getting in if you like) then eat when the egg is cooked.

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I would share what I find. this one is from allrecipes bbq Halloween says oven but i could do it with tin foil
Chicken Mummies
Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each cut into 4 equal long pieces
salt and ground black pepper to taste

4 large whole wheat tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
16 slices green olives
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
Heat a non-stick skillet or spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat; cook chicken until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool enough to handle.
Wrap each chicken piece with a tortilla strip, starting at 1 end and overlapping tortillas when starting a new strip and leaving a gap at the top for the 'face'. Place 'mummies' on a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until until tortillas are crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Cool mummies for about 5 minutes; place 2 olive slices on each 'mummy' for the 'eyes.'

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
are you in the Loyd park area to the right or left after you go through the guard shack?
The first time I went it rained so I really want to go back and see everything and ride the hay ride . My party is on the 17th so I will need something to do that weekend!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts