Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Very nice, but Id really prefer to not see the PVC components.

I've actually done something very similar, again completely self contained

The significant feature of this one is that its fully compatible with IP65 regulations, an important feature since it was designed to sit in a cornfield at a local farm attraction

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Do the hoses just blow some air on people or do thos hoses whip them? I'm curious to know how these are actually supposed to work. Thanks

·
STARK Raving Mad
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the hoses just blow some air on people or do thos hoses whip them? I'm curious to know how these are actually supposed to work. Thanks
It's mostly just a hissing sound, but the hoses do thrash some. I keep them low and short.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Ok, I'll cover them up next time.
probably a good idea, when the PVC shatters then at least you will have a shield to stop the shrapnel.

The hoses on my system are meant to whip people, they are made from surgical tubing so they don't hurt

·
STARK Raving Mad
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hoses on my system are meant to whip people, they are made from surgical tubing so they don't hurt
Yeah, mine too. I usually use the standard size (1/4"?), but I thought I'd try the smaller (3/16"?) for this one.

Have you ever compared rubber tubing to latex?

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
nope, I've got no comparison with Latex.

Not sure what size I'm using, I think its 6mm, the great thing about it is that it snugly fits inside a piece of 10mm pneumatic tubing and when glued in place with rubber cement the tickler can be inserted into a standard push fit connector.

·
STARK Raving Mad
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope, I've got no comparison with Latex.

Not sure what size I'm using, I think its 6mm, the great thing about it is that it snugly fits inside a piece of 10mm pneumatic tubing and when glued in place with rubber cement the tickler can be inserted into a standard push fit connector.
The first time I bought tubing (from a medical supply store), I was asked which one I wanted: rubber or latex. The guy said the rubber was much cheaper, but the latex would last longer. The rubber tubing is apparently also known as Slingshot Tubing (for obvious reasons). I'm guessing that stronger material would mean thinner walls therefore more thrashing.

I also learned that different color tubing signifies different strengths. Unfortunately, black tubing is rated Extra Strong and is noticably heavier than Natural, so would require higher PSI to thrash. That's why I was thrilled to find the smaller tubing in black. It is the perfect weight AND color, and it fits perfectly onto the fittings I'm using.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts