Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering who puts their animatronics outside prior to Halloween and how do they fare in bad weather?? Any weatherproofing suggestions??

·
Registered
274 Posts
Only on Halloween and I make sure they are off the wet ground and that the plugs are covered so they don't get wet. I had one get wet once and it fried the motor in it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am more worried about theft than water. - but I usually get mine a bit off the ground and under plastic as well. I am also experimenting this year with spray on liquid rubber (leakstop) to protect and seal things...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do exactly the same thing. I don't put out all of my animatronics every night. A lot of them are just displayed on Halloween night.
Yup same here, just too temping for others to take IMHO, just for the Halloween day and at the end of the night I put them in my garage until the next morning of takedown..........................

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I put my stuff out in the beginning of the month and run everything all night long every night (weather doesn't matter). Stuff breaks from time to time, but then you just repair it and make it better. I still remember the one storm with 70 mph winds and my hang man was almost parallel to the ground and still kicking his legs. One of these days I'll build something better to house the computer power supplies in rather than just laying them on the ground with a 12" tile on top to keep the direct rain out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I put mine outside during the day in good weather but every night I put them under cover. It's work, but they would be history with the NY weather!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
We put ours out the morning of... then pull them in after we shut things down that night. And if the weather's bad, they stay in and don't go out, period.
Canada definitely makes Halloween challenging for us haunters! LOL

·
Registered
854 Posts
I put my stuff out in the beginning of the month and run everything all night long every night (weather doesn't matter). Stuff breaks from time to time, but then you just repair it and make it better. I still remember the one storm with 70 mph winds and my hang man was almost parallel to the ground and still kicking his legs. One of these days I'll build something better to house the computer power supplies in rather than just laying them on the ground with a 12" tile on top to keep the direct rain out.
I'll bet that hangman was something to see! I wonder how many people second guessed if it was real or not...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts