Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 400 watt cheap fog machine and a Creeper Rising animatronic. I was thinking of having the fog emanate from within the creeper, but was wondering if that amount of fog would be hard on or damage the electronics inside the creeper. If so, would enclosing the electronic component(s) as tightly as possible inside a plastic bag or something similar be a viable solution?

I also plan on tripping the creeper myself with a hidden step-on pad as desired, but want a delay on the fog until the voice changes and it starts to rise. Is there some relatively easy way to accomplish this through the step-on pad or simply use the wireless remote for the fog machine?

I'm getting a bit too old to get too carried away with this, just want to make sure I don't cause any damage and K.I.S.S. Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Subjecting any electronics to repeated fog will likely cause problems since most fog liquids consist of a mixture of water and glycol. As for controlling the timing of your fog machine, it sounds like you don't want to get into using programmable controllers so your best bet is to use the remote.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J-Man! As I suspected, best to just use the remote and have the fog emanate from a distance behind the creeper yet still come up with some kind of "chamber" around the electronics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you could also use hose to direct the fog to certain parts of your prop which will divert it away from the electronics. But remember, the fog coming out is hot so you don't necessarily want hot fog going through your prop. I found that using a piece of rigid copper tubing about 2 feet long attached to the fog machine and then your hose was sufficient enough to cool the fog down just enough to make it safe. I learned this by trial and error as I just connected the host to the fogger and it melted

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My original idea was to have the fog come out of the head and shoulders when the creeper voice changes from a little girl to the deep demon voice. I was first going to run a section of 2" pvc from the fogger to the base of the creeper and if that didn't direct the fog as I wanted, add another section up from the floor to chest height or so. I'm going to check things a little closer like where the electronics are exactly and how much heat they generate, then adjust accordingly. Perhaps the pvc hidden behind the creeper and shooting out just above the head. Not looking for a lot of fog, just enough to highlight the effect, so it shouldn't take much of a "blast".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts