Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an animatronic Raven I built. I'm pretty excited about this one because it's the first animatronic I've built without following any tutorials. I used a raven skeleton I purchased on Amazon and hid the wing servos in the "books" (A storage box from eBay) and used 2 micro servos inside the head to move the head and jaw.

Let me know if you have any questions... Hope you enjoy!!

Registered
Great job!馃槃 All of the previous animatronic raven's that I've seen only turned their heads and had flashing red eyes. Yours, however, incorporates not only the head turning, but the beak AND wing motion! So cool!馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Great job!馃槃 All of the previous animatronic raven's that I've seen only turned their heads and had flashing red eyes. Yours, however, incorporates not only the head turning, but the beak AND wing motion! So cool!馃憣
Thanks Fraidy!

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I love him! I agree with Fraidy that the ones you seen in stores generally just swivel their head and eyes light up. I guess the store bought ones have the flashing red eyes because it's easier less likely to break and of course, so very life like. ;)

I really like your wing movement. Good pause. I always hate when all the stuff moves exactly the same speed in synchronicity.

I can't read the spines on the books, but please tell me you titled at least one of them an Edgar Allen Poe story. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I love him! I agree with Fraidy that the ones you seen in stores generally just swivel their head and eyes light up. I guess the store bought ones have the flashing red eyes because it's easier less likely to break and of course, so very life like. ;)

I really like your wing movement. Good pause. I always hate when all the stuff moves exactly the same speed in synchronicity.

I can't read the spines on the books, but please tell me you titled at least one of them an Edgar Allen Poe story. :D
Thank You! The books are actually blank, but I'll definitely be theming o that end in the future. I've even considered purchasing one of J'man's boards to have him read the story aloud... but that's for the future! ;)

Registered
Here's an animatronic Raven I built. I'm pretty excited about this one because it's the first animatronic I've built without following any tutorials. I used a raven skeleton I purchased on Amazon and hid the wing servos in the "books" (A storage box from eBay) and used 2 micro servos inside the head to move the head and jaw.

Let me know if you have any questions... Hope you enjoy!!

View attachment 730855 View attachment 730856
Awesome work! What are you using to control the servos?

Registered
Don't suppose you have any additional photos of the internal workings? I have wanted to do one of these skeleton ravens, but wasn't exactly wanting to go the corkscrew route.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Don't suppose you have any additional photos of the internal workings? I have wanted to do one of these skeleton ravens, but wasn't exactly wanting to go the corkscrew route.
I do! Everything is a bit of a hacked solution. To fit the servos inside the skull, you're going to need a Dremel or other rotary tool. I started off by carving away with an X-acto blade but that got old FAST 馃槀.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts