Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my second Raven Manor Mausoleum. For plans, visit www.ravenmanor.com . Neither project was an exact copy of RM but pretty close. On the first project, I basically made modifications to hide carriage bolts, Screws and wood edges. I added a door, crown molding, a 8" spacer assembly between the walls and roof assembly and animatronic zombie.

This mausoleum is shorter, I'm hoping to double the columns, double the size of the crown molding and add animatronic gag to complete the project.

The first picture is the final look of the first mausoleum.

Attachments

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
I saw the pics on your album. Looks amazing! Something like this would about fill my entire front yard. I do have hopes/plans to make a small scale one just big enought to hold a fcg some year. Will be following along on this.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw the pics on your album. Looks amazing! Something like this would about fill my entire front yard. I do have hopes/plans to make a small scale one just big enought to hold a fcg some year. Will be following along on this.
That's a pretty good idea JDubbya !

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn that is a lot wood. Your mausoleum is bigger than some of those crazy Japanese sleeping cubicle hotels. You could always wire it for electrical and rent it out during the summer.
The new one is actually smaller than the first one.....I'm already paranoid the building inspector is going to show up during Halloween. Its a non-permanent structure and I make sure it goes up under 14 days till Halloween and its taken down Halloween night.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Looking good! I see builds like this and think of what a dedicated bunch we are to go to such lengths for Halloween night. Awesome!!

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This weeks sponsor's are: Dewalt Brand Power Tools; Don't be a tool, use Dewalt power tools & Tite Bond II Premium wood glue; When any wood glue JUST won't do...Only Master Craftsman trust Tite Bond II wood glue for all their wood working needs.

I sanded the molding down and prepped it for painting. I'm hoping to start building the door on Sunday.

Attachments

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Starting the doors today. Always measure twice cut at least three times; at least I do. I measured the remaining space after the mausoleum is assembled and subtracted an 1 1/4"...Leaving, let me get a calculator.....Ah....5/8" play all around. This SHOULD be more than enough but...its wood...Go figure.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts