Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Joined
41 Posts
Hi all,
longtime haunter first time post: This is a quick eye movement test I did of some eyes I made (these were a junk pair that I had used for a sculpting blank). The actual mechanism is made from 2 old servos, some baling wire and a home depot paint stick. It is just a test but as you see I got some really good movement and I will now go on and make the mechanism out of better materials (probably styrene and baling wire).
 

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Joined
7,779 Posts
I really like it! What are you planning on using them for?

DaveInTheGrave made me some moving eyes a while back for a creepy hidden person behind the painting effect but I just wanted a back/forth with a small pause - your version is pretty dynamic!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brianaala

Registered
Joined
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Frankie's Girl! I honestly don't have anything in particular planned for these; I'm learning about Arduino and building a skeleton graveyard greeter, I may use them in it if I have the room. Honestly though, these are better suited for a head with skin due to the way I built the mechanism. I would have to figure something else out to use it in the skelly. I have an animated grave digger that they might work in...
 

Funeral Crasher
Joined
7,469 Posts
DaveInTheGrave made me some moving eyes a while back for a creepy hidden person behind the painting effect but I just wanted a back/forth with a small pause - your version is pretty dynamic!
Still working?? I hope so. :)

Brianaala, those eyes have a fantastic movement. Nice job on those.
I'm pretty ignorant about servos. I should learn how to build with them someday.
 

Registered
Joined
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliment DaveInTheGrave!! Servos are super easy, just 3 wires (2 for power and 1 for input). Controlling them can be really easy too; either a hobby R/C controller or an arduino, with minimal programming can do pretty much whatever you want!
Yes they still work fine, but they're still just sitting on my workbench; I don't really have a project for them just yet. For longevity and simplicity I would probably actually make the final piece with styrene instead of tongue depressors and some return springs though...:D
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top