Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first post after finding this incredible forum not long ago. You people are amazing! The level of talent here is astounding!

I have decided to attempt my first animatronic character and I need a little guidance. I want to make a simple animatronic crow, similar to the one you see above you on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland as you decend into the graveyard scene. It would probably need to move only on two axis' at the most, and of course make some crow sounds. I've been doing alot of reading, but I don't know the best direction to go. Does anyone have any proven ideas for mechanics, software, etc? I thought I would start with a Cabela's crow decoy as the basis, as they seem to look the best so far.

Thanks!
George

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hello FatRanza! Welcome to the forum!

Check out this fellow's site. This may be a little advanced for what you want to do... or maybe not? At the very least it may give you some inspiration:

SoCalHalloween

and more spefically, the animatronics page with the ralking raven!

Halloween Animatronics

You can click on the raven's image and view numerous images of how it's built. This guy is amazing! I make a point of checking out his site every now and then!

Don't forget to watch the videos of the raven interacting with the skeleton... very cool!

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Thanks for posting that Mr Grimsley.
I had not seen SoCalHalloween site before. Great Stuff.
But really did like that Raven.
I am not up to that speed of prop building...but I sure have that in my favorites of things I would like to do. Thanks!

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Thanks Mr. Chicken ! That is another good link I have saved.
Hummmm they make it look possible. LOL ! Maybe....my winter project.

( Mr. Chicken...lol...just love it...your avitar....all your posts are in Don Knott's voice, ya know?)

·
Registered
622 Posts
WOW... that's a great link as well... hadn't seen that one yet! Thanks Mr. C!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts