Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather ambitious yard display that I'm brainstorming ideas on how to build. I call it "Zombie Feed". In my scene a dozen or so zombies will be trying to make their way over to a pair of zombies who are fighting over a poor girl whom they've just about torn in half. Some of the zombies will be crawling, some will be walking and some will still be trying to get out of the ground. However, I haven't been able to find any examples where they're walking. Also, I want a variety of zombies (both male and female), but I cannot seem to find any examples of female zombies. I want them to be more then stuffed jeans and flannels. I really like the looks of the Zombies on the Spookyblue website( ttp://www.spookyblue.com/halloween/groundbreaker/groundbreaker1.htm ), but again no female zombies. I'm also trying to figure out how to make the zombies victim. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I thought I'd seen something like that before, but I couldn't remember where.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've watched the video some more, and while I can't get much detail from it, I think I can replicate something like that on my own. I also wanted to have a Zombie that appeared to be walking. My thought was to mount the feet on a drawer slide laying on it's side. I could then stake the drawer slide to the ground, so the zombies legs could move back and forth with out it tipping over. The only drawback to this would be that while the zombies legs would move it would still be stationary. Does anyone think this would look cheesy?

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,740 Posts
I've watched the video some more, and while I can't get much detail from it, I think I can replicate something like that on my own. I also wanted to have a Zombie that appeared to be walking. My thought was to mount the feet on a drawer slide laying on it's side. I could then stake the drawer slide to the ground, so the zombies legs could move back and forth with out it tipping over. The only drawback to this would be that while the zombies legs would move it would still be stationary. Does anyone think this would look cheesy?
My only thought is that you might need something a bit more substantial below for support than a drawer slide. I was thinking more along the lines of a rail system. If you did it right, maybe you could hide some of your assembly with leaves or a nice heavy ground fog. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts