Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone through many, many ideas on this one...from tiny motors on a bicycle helment with ball bearings inside plastic tubing to marionette-style snakes that spit when a string is pulled. The combination of something cost effective and functional continues to elude me. Does anyone have a background in mechanics and think that building moving snakes is a possible idea for a headpiece? thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
This is very low tech, but might work. You could paint and cut in half those cheap wiggle snakes. Adhere them to whatever wig or headpiece you have. These guys move around at the slightest twist. I would imagine they would all be shifting around anytime you turned your head. And you could get a lot without breaking the bank. http://www.orientaltrading.com/wiggle-snakes-a2-39_863.fltr?Ntt=snakes

·
Registered
56 Posts
How about hacking/incorporating the animated Medusa bust from Walgreens or Spirit? Not sure about the mechanism that makes the snakes move, but that may work. I'm interested too see if anyone can figure it out as the wife would love to do Medusa this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts