Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
"That" is a completely self-contained 2 axis skull set-up I put together about 2 years ago. I wanted to build a completely free standing plug-n-play that didn't need a computer to run. There's a Prop-1, an ST100 Cowlacious board, an mp 3, 3 servos and about a dozen or so other odds and ends (triggers, led's, relays, etc) all of which tuck nicely under the skull's clavium. Here's a video of the completed project before I mounted it on a Bucky.
ImageShack - Hosting :: skullvideooy1.flv

Note: It wobbles like a bear in the video because it's only mounted on a mike stand, every time it moved, it rocked. Got much better when frame up on the Bucky.

· Registered
293 Posts
Scourge and Halloween71, thanks for the compliments (H71, sorry, wasn't trying to hijack your thread!). Mr Chicken, no, unfortunately I don't have any detailed pictures of the mechanism (didn't think anyone would be interest in a 2 axis setup!) but I can try to find the how-to's I used as source material if you are interested. Thanks again for the compliments! Now, H71, the trigger really depends on what exactly you are trying to trigger, skull motion, sound track or all the above. I use an X10 set up and trigger everything manually, saves playing THAT song in front of a bunch of 7 year-olds (don't need lawsuits from angry parents), besides, I prefer full control on my props, saves having them beat to death by kids repeatedly triggering the device.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.