Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some decent animated props to be used outdoors for the entrance to my home for a halloween party. I dont want them to be low quality or too jerky. Ive seen many on certain "popular" sites that seem to be way overpriced for what you get.

Any ideas?

Website recommendations?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Im looking for some decent animated props to be used outdoors for the entrance to my home for a halloween party. I dont want them to be low quality or too jerky. Ive seen many on certain "popular" sites that seem to be way overpriced for what you get.

Any ideas?

Website recommendations?
Well there's really not much of a "middle" ground. It's pretty much either the low end Gemmy type props that don't do well outside for very long, or the high end high quality high price props. If you want high end, Scare Factory or Poison Props.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy cow...for those prices I could just hire a bunch of kids to be actors for the party and dress them up. LOL But you are definitely correct that there is no middle ground. Its either spend between 200-300 or go past 2K. Darn!

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you are handy you can build yourself a prop. Would most likely be more than the cheesy spirit / gemmy props but not $2k

·
Registered
425 Posts
Might want to look at Spider Hill Props for some basic movement hardware. It's a good place to start.
Also look into arduino based control. That is way cheaper than a prop controller and gives you exact control over sequencing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts