Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I posted this in the Halloween tree thread, but because I suspect many of you who don't put up a christmas-style Halloween tree wouldn't see it, I want to make sure you knew this was out there.

I bought this tree at At Home ($99) and even returned stuff to make sure I got it. My mom, who likes some of my fancy Halloween decor but thinks props are cheesy, adored this one. Dh says it's too subtle, but I think that's why I love it. It looks like a regular old tree, then is dawns on you its moving. I really love this tree compared to the improvements version ($119 on sale) because it doesn't have orange lights. I can put white on at Christmas for my Harry Potter tree. If I had the money, I'd buy a forest.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Love that. Can you hang things on it or is it supposed to be all by itself ? I would imagine it would have to be light weight ornaments that didn't impede the movement, so short and small. Did they have different heights? a group of them in different heights would be great.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's available on Ebay for those who don't have At Home stores in their state. Go to Ebay and do a search on "black animated tree". Best price I saw was $179 with free shipping. I'm going to wait until next year in the hope it becomes more widely available.

I love this tree so much Vsalz!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to change the title of this thread because I don't think it adequately describes that I'm talking about a new prop and I'm afraid some people would miss not knowing about this prop. Does anyone know how to do that?

*thanks moderator!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6ft. I think the improvements version is 5ft.

And you absolutely could hang ornaments. Only 2 of thee layers actually rotate. The rest are all tilted on the center pole, which moves in a belly-dancer way. The movement makes them wobble up and down, but the branches don't bump.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The subtlety is what makes the prop awesome! You ignore it until you see movement out of the corner of your eye. That also puts the thought in someone's head that if that seemingly boring tree just moved, what else around here is going to move?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, right? It doesn't scream, play awful music, light up. It is just amazingly creepy. Like give you the shivers instead of make you scream. That is my kind of prop. I KNEW the people on here would appreciate it!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ok, I love it. I never even do halloween trees, but I love it! Thanks for putting it against a white backround so we can see the movement. It is perfect undecorated, and as for different hights, I would just prop one or two up on something. I like how I worded that. As if I could afford more than one! I will keep an eye out at my store for clearance prices. If there are any left that is!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone finds it cheaper than $99 or on sale, let me know. I would love to have a couple more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is awesome -- thx for posting! I'm trying to stay on 1 theme for the next 5 years so I don't have to throw all my hard work away after Halloween. I've decided on The Nightmare Before Xmas and this tree would rock!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts