Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an order in for the new prop at Spirit, but, as you know, the body lacks substance and height. My purpose here is to get you all thinking on the best ways to bulk this guy up and possibly make him taller. Anyone work with a Gemmy prop to improve its' look? :confused:

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Bulk it up with foam noodles for the legs and arms, and spray insulation everywhere else. Do not spray the foam into the figure but rather spray elsewhere and then place the cured and carved foam into areas that need to be bulked up. I would also consider repositioning the knife so that it faces down. It looks more menacing! Taller? He should be 6 feet! how tall do you want him!? I guess you can place him on a pallet board platform.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
also another way to achieve a taller look is to uplight the figure. This can create a forced perspective making him look taller than he really is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic everyone! Eyegor, great idea on the knife pointing down! Do you guys feel the arm mechanism can handle some lightweight stuff like you are suggesting without a breakdown? The height thing--- I just don't think I should be looking eye to eye to this dude. He should be bulky and TALL! A box is easy enough, but I was thinking the feet and shoes might be showing. But I guess those props still have the spring loaded lower half, so you guys probably are on the right track. Thanks to all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts