Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
First of all here's the link for anyone looking.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVsPal_Vy6o
Second of all Welcome to the forum!
Third I subscribed!
You got some really good sculpting and painting chops!.....Better than I can do.....I'd be interested in seeing a video on the painting techniques you used to paint the tombstone.....I like the lettering and wood grain....Look forward to new uploads....Thanks for posting!....ZR

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ZombieRaider for the compliment and subscribing! Thanks also for posting the link, I am not eligible yet. I will seriously consider doing a video on my painting techniques, thanks for the suggestion and please let others know about my YouTube channel.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I'm already gathering the parts to make this. Gonna try using a synchronous motor though, I'm thinking a wiper motor may be overkill but we'll see. I'll use a microcontroller for a random pattern.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Absolutely LOVE IT! Thinking you could put something like this in a large bell jar (like Madame Leota in Haunted Mansion); light the front of it... ahh, so many possibilities!

Also, could you use a cam in lieu of a roller to make a pseudo-random movement? People at our haunt tend to only spend a few seconds at each prop, so I'm not sure a programmed motion would be noticed...

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
J-Man - What microcontroller do you typically use?
I make my own, several designs using PIC micros depending on the application. Because a synchronous motor does a lot of rotation changes when it's powered off and on, this prop will only need a controller with one output to randomly turn the motor on and off. I'll use one of my LED Fader controllers loaded with a random program and connect the output to a solid state relay that will switch the 120vac synchronous motor on and off.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think oh I'm quite handy I'm going to make a new prop but I really struggle sitting down with an idea thinking how will I actually make this work :confused:. I don't think you've this problem lol :). great tutorial and the finished article looks fantastic. looks like I'm another subscriber

1 - 20 of 24 Posts