Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find those of you who have experienced a volume issue with your lifesize Gemmy animated speaking props. I imagine they are all pretty much the same mechanically but speak different phrases depending on the prop. Mine is the lifesize Dead Eye Drake (the one with the patch on the eye and one open eye socket with a red light bulb) and he has the background noise of a fog horn and bell clinging as he speaks his phrases. The issue I am experiencing is that he starts and moves just fine but it seems when the voice gets louder ( to enhance a scare) the volume completely cuts out - even the background noise- and it picks back up at his ending laugh.

I am hoping it's just something to do with the speaker and that I can easily replace it but has anyone experienced anything similar with the voice cutting in and out?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I would think if it was a speaker problem, the audio would sound bad all the time.

Since you say it does this after he starts moving, maybe one of the audio or speaker wires is getting pinched or has a short somewhere and maybe him moving just so moves the wire enough to cut out the audio temporarily.

Just my thoughts.

F

·
0 Posts
My Hannibal prop did the same thing so I had to take the costume off and trace down a pinched wire. Before he was shipped the wires moved around a little bit and when he was collapsed a wire got pinched and almost got cut in half. Finding the wire that's causing the problem will be the hardest part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts