Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started this project the day after Christmas.... Found a child's push n go horse at a garage sale.
20141227_195246.jpg

I already had purchased this little skeleton at Michael's for $14 and had altered it by shortening the leg, arm, and neck bones but had nothing to use it for. 20141218_202136.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20141231_174540.jpg
After the corpsing process and painted, I placed it back on the horse. This is the finished skeleton....now I have to hook up the motor to make it move.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks cool!! Can't wait to see it finished. Did you ever consider corpsing the horse too??
Thinking about it....not sure about a scheme for it though...didn't want to mess it up. Any ideas for a colors or ideas to look for help with that would be great

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a large pillow sham to use over the base of my project so it looks more like a area rug.
20150104_150346.jpg

Working on aging an old child's christening robe. I'll post pictures when its done.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)Do you want the horse to look like a child's toy??? If so, I would go all primary colors and sort of cutesy....BUT....if you didn't want to make it look like a child's toy, you could make the horse into something Gothic and Scary....think demonic glowing red eyes....a skeletal paint job...fire in the nose....
Just saying....:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually just put a bunch of mud on it...trying to see if making it look as decayed and old as the body. I'm kinda freaked out of painting it to tell ya the truth. I'm afraid I'll mess it up or paint it wrong, I have to work on my color pallette. I do like the sound of the glowing eyes and skeletal painted demonic horse. Think I'll do that on the next one (when I can practice...lol).....thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice job. I would suggest maybe adding some moss and rubbing the paint off a little in places, especially on an eye, to make the horse look yet more bedraggled.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice job. I would suggest maybe adding some moss and rubbing the paint off a little in places, especially on an eye, to make the horse look yet more bedraggled.
I like the moss idea....I thought I saw somewhere how to make moss grow. I'll see if I can find that and try it.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:DGreat direction Haywood! I like what you've done. I like the idea of the moss too. This is going to be pretty terrifying. I like your aesthetic... Looks spookyrific.......:D Yay!

P.S. I love your Pennywise in the drain...one of my favorite books of all time! :D The movie? :( Uh? But you can't deny Tim Curry nailed Pennywise the Clown...totally terrifying!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the gown I'm working on
20150104_150214.jpg
Might have to yellow it a bit more but it is Looking pretty good. Should be able to get it on by tomorrow. Then I'll attach the hair. Getting close.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts