Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm back! Was having QUITE the rough start to my year and was recuperating and getting myself back together mentally and such, yadda yadda....so I am WAY behind Halloween schedule.

Anyway, with that said, originally this years theme for my Halloween party was going to be Vintage Halloween, but recent discussions with some people I'm realizing that I want to go to my very original idea and do what the title says. I don't know which one sounds better, so if you have a thought on which one you like more, I'd like your input!

As well, if anyone can direct me or share with me posts already on the forum discussing this theme ( I will search myself of course) or show me your ideas, links, what have you, I would love it!

I'm so super behind but am finally getting back to my old self, getting the creative juices flowing and starting to get serious (VERY late in the game than what I am used to).

Okay thanks you guys! Have missed being around here....definitely will see my face more though :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like the idea of Heaven & Hell...I would totally do a room that it based on all white and silver and then an area that is red/orange/black. I could probably think of more ideas but I'm at work right now.

I feel like we got a good start...but now it has been slowing down. I feel like i'm the only one that is doing things for our party. Right now i'm getting pieces together...but there are still things I don't have a clue what to do yet.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
Hmm, I like the title Angels and Demons. Maybe you can do a kind of Halloween masquerade style theme like that Vincent Price film Masque of the Red Death (or Eyes Wide Shut creepy masquerade).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'll throw in my two cents as well! :D

To me, Angels & Demons sounds a bit more sophisticated, but as such, people may have a harder time coming up with creative costumes. Unless one is interested in stories, legends & heirarchy, they may not realize the possibilities of "angels" are far more than putting on wings, wearing a white gown & having a halo. Somewhat the same with "demon". I think the title of Heaven & Hell would simplify the concept of costumes for most people and allow them to imagine who would dwell in those places.

I kind of agree with Doto's post, too, that Heaven & Hell would allow you to create a lot of atmosphere - pretty self explanatory and everyone would likely have an easy time seeing where you are going & using their own imaginations to fill in the spaces. But, Angels & Demons decor is really up to personal taste & you could interpret it into a lot of different scenes. Like you could do a fancy ballroom where everyone mingles together, or you could create a wasteland scene where a battle between Angels & Demons could occur... With Heaven & Hell, I imagine an area with lots of white & maybe gold, fluffy clouds, peaceful music, and then another area of flames, red lighting, perhaps volcanic looking... So, where do you want to go with your decor? Maybe your title depends on what direction you want to go. :cool:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Or "Hell" could be an 1880 one-room country school house where rulers smash knuckles everyday for small misdemeanors.
Heaven might be a Ferrari Showroom where it's "No Money down! Just your signature is ALL We NEED! Which becomes Hell a few seconds later....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or "Hell" could be an 1880 one-room country school house where rulers smash knuckles everyday for small misdemeanors.
Heaven might be a Ferrari Showroom where it's "No Money down! Just your signature is ALL We NEED! Which becomes Hell a few seconds later....
HAHAHA, that is great!

Oooh, I am so excited to hear y'all's input! It helps with my creative juices! I think I'm more going to focus on decor and designating the living room as a hellish area, as well as the bathroom, haha. The kitchen will remain bright and heavenly and then dining area might be a mix. Man, I dunno, but I'm slowly getting it together in my head now and y'all have been a great contribution already :)

I think my theme colors will be red, black and white so far, and I have looked up many ideas online already and so much of it seems so simple, like red/orange/yellow tissue paper to make fire effects and red tinsel or the foil type garlands everywhere. Soooo many ideas. I'd love to hear more whenever. Does anyone else feel like its crunch time? I can't believe it's only three months away O_O

As far as what I tell people, I'll probably just say both. No one is required to go with the theme, it's optional, but I'll say both so guests can decide how they see fit :)

Thanks y'all!!!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I accidentally created a "portal to hell" last year while testing out one of my red fire and ice LED lights. I plugged it into the pantry and had it shining towards the door. Our pantry is a folding door so it has little cracks that light can peek through. When I shut the door to the pantry the fire and ice light just gave off this hellish glow from inside that just peeked out from the cracks but you could still see the LED movement. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
But just think how absolutely TERRIFYING that LED moving red light would be in a costume visible as it shines out from between the tiny mechanical teeth of a closed Zipper!

(Who says monsters have to large to be scary?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts