Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you have any info on the dress she used? The sleeves are perfection, but if there is a certain fiber or fabric weight you suggest I am super interested. I need to make a witch statue and this angel is a great model to follow. I have been struggling with the idea of how to make a proper dress that would look right.

Thank you for documenting the process and posting it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any info on the dress she used? The sleeves are perfection, but if there is a certain fiber or fabric weight you suggest I am super interested. I need to make a witch statue and this angel is a great model to follow. I have been struggling with the idea of how to make a proper dress that would look right.

Thank you for documenting the process and posting it!
Most fabrics will work fine for monster mud. The clothing for the angel was a multi-stage process. The first layer was a sleeveless polyester knit dress. It’s a stretchy fabric, which is sometimes not recommended, but it held the monster mud well enough for a first layer. The sleeves were cut from two flannel pillowcases and the dress sections from flannel sheets. The dress had to be done in parts partly because of the wings and partly because large pieces of monster-mudded cloth get heavy and awkward to handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts