Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Andrew de Ruiter, pronounced 'D-writer'.
My history in haunting begins as a child, when I was 7 my older sister and I built a haunt in our basement and opened it to family. When I was 8 my parents bought me a Marshall Brodien magic kit. I was bitten by the magic bug and have been living with it some 38 years later. I performed as a magician doing birthday parties, stage and large illusion shows. I have had the privilege to have worked on illusions that were performed by Houdini, Doug Henning, David Copperfield and others. I published 3 books on original illusions for magicians in 2004-2005.

I opened my first yard haunt at my parent’s house as a teenager. There I learned the art of scaring people. I built my own pneumatics and remote controlled props.

I began building for professional haunts when in (2006) Atlanta, Georgia. I built and created some amazing effects including the Wall Walker illusion, the fireplace illusion, and plenty of pneumatic pop-outs. I began drawing sketches (2006) in a huge black drawing book that is known now as Andrew's black book of haunting concepts. I turned half of it into a published work that can be downloaded.
I am currently co-owner of Gravensteen Haunted Productions. Gravensteen Haunted House was the first haunted house within the belt line in downtown Washington DC. Our first year of haunting begin 2013. I will soon build custom illusions never seen in the haunt industry.
I contribute original works of illusion design to several magic and haunted house forums. And now I will bring them here. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts