Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, apparently it doesn't take much to excite me. I drove past Dunkin Donuts today and they have their pumpkin coffee. Of course I couldn't just drive by, I had to stop and pick some up. SO WORTH IT! After this, I popped some Halloween music into my cd player on my drive to work. Got to work and started collecting pumpkin recipes. I am so ready for fall now.

September 1st is creeping up on us and that means I will be taking out my fall decorations! Anyone with me? I'm ready to bust out all my decor. My husband thinks I'm crazy of course. He thinks its too early....ehhh what does he know? right? LOL.

Enough babbling on...have a good day!:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know what you mean...I saw Halloween Oreos in Target yesterday and had to get them! I never eat Oreos except the Halloween ones. They didn't have anything else out, though. Did Dunkin Donuts have any of the seasonal fall donuts out yet?

I started my Halloween puzzle this week that I want to frame and hang up this year so I have to finish it before I get all my decorations out since I need the table!! Oh, and don't worry, my husband thinks I'm crazy too :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
@blackbutterflyRN I say that regular oreos are gross, but will always make an exception for the Halloween variety.

My favorite semi-local coffee shop makes some really delicious pumpkin chai lattes. I need to go look for Halloween store openings and find a way to conveniently stop in there.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,118 Posts
It sure is a craze! It does kind of seem that everything gets pumpkin infused these days.

Every year, I'm certain Goodyear is finally going to attempt to market a pumpkin spiced steel radial.

But I sure did scoop up eleventy-seven different Glade Pumpkin Spice things in the store last week (candles, oils, sprays, etc), and can not wait for something resembling an actual fall day so that I can FINALLY have a pumpkin ale...
;)

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
anyone know if starbucks has their pumpkin lattes yet? going to be near one monday and i would love to get my mitts on one! yuuuuummmmmmm

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes I had a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte yesterday. If they say no they dont have them say someone else had one cause I happened to get a lady who didn't think they did so she asked and they are serving them.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
We just got back from the store and bought Pumpkin Spice K-Cups, Pumpkin Delights and Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses (which I've been waiting for since last fall, lol). Saw the Oreos, but we had bought enough junk food, so I'll get those some other time, lol. We try to eat healthy, but it's hard when all these yummy pumpkin things come out! Oh, and I had a Pumpkin Scone at Starbuck's the week before, lol.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Yes I had a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte yesterday. If they say no they dont have them say someone else had one cause I happened to get a lady who didn't think they did so she asked and they are serving them.
ill just tell them twitter begs to differ lol. i had to google and apparently its a trending topic on twitter right now, people boasting about their first pumpkin spice lattes of the season. so i will be getting one on monday, wether i have to make it myself (wich would be significantly cheaper) or buying one from starschmucks. either way, it will happen... and it will be delicious.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
UGH! This thread is making me so jealous! I haven't been able to find a single pumpkin spice flavored thing of any sort yet, and I've really been searching! My local stores seem to be holding out on me this year. I really really want those Hershey's Kisses and the K-cups!

·
Registered
119 Posts
This thread makes ME jealous too. I normally try to eat vegan for health reasons, sometimes I'll have a bit of dairy but it definitely upsets my stomach so I really try not to. Most prepackaged snacks and drinks include things I dont liketo ingest. WHY ISN'T STARBUCKS PSL VEGAN?! They just had to go and put condensed milk in the concentrate D: ahh well, I will likely get one this year as a special treat sometime between now and thanksgiving ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
My local Starbucks knows I live for the pumpkin spice when it comes in. So when they put up the sign showing it was here early, they even put a "Thanks Domela" out to me. I couldn't help but take a picture of it :) Was sooo proud of that!

Now I'm hoping hubby can get me a pumpkin donuts soon from Dunkin as I'm stuck in bed all weekend!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
This thread makes ME jealous too. I normally try to eat vegan for health reasons, sometimes I'll have a bit of dairy but it definitely upsets my stomach so I really try not to. Most prepackaged snacks and drinks include things I dont liketo ingest. WHY ISN'T STARBUCKS PSL VEGAN?! They just had to go and put condensed milk in the concentrate D: ahh well, I will likely get one this year as a special treat sometime between now and thanksgiving ;)
Have you tried making your own pumpkin spice concentrate? It's really easy. You just need about three cups of whatever milk you like - soy, almond, whatever, 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree, about a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, and enough real maple syrup to sweeten to your liking. Bring it all to a simmer and then strain into your container and refrigerate. Keeps a couple of weeks but mine never lasts that long!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Have you tried making your own pumpkin spice concentrate? It's really easy. You just need about three cups of whatever milk you like - soy, almond, whatever, 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree, about a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, and enough real maple syrup to sweeten to your liking. Bring it all to a simmer and then strain into your container and refrigerate. Keeps a couple of weeks but mine never lasts that long!
I tried your recipe last year and it was so yummy! I'll be making it again this year :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
Oh! I will be trying that!! I'm not fully vegan, but I am a vegetarian who tries to eat healthier when I can. I like vegan stuff, too. I use Almond milk, so if I can make a pumpkin spice concentrate with Almond milk, that'd rock!!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
UGH! This thread is making me so jealous! I haven't been able to find a single pumpkin spice flavored thing of any sort yet, and I've really been searching! My local stores seem to be holding out on me this year. I really really want those Hershey's Kisses and the K-cups!
Try checking target now...a went a couple days ago and they had nothing, then last night they put out the PS Kisses and two different kinds of PS K-Cups! Maybe you can find them now!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,118 Posts

I have to agree...we make ours with Silk Vanilla and it's great!
:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts