Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, working outside (off and on, I have a pretty small display) and having issues... part of my issue is I'm moving gretchen (witch) away from the porch. So, in the past, I've always been able to tie her into the porch lights, which tied into the fence lights and the lights along the driveway. I took down the fence last week, and am moving gretchen, which poses some issues. Well, i pull out my extension cord, and go 'where's the other one?'

Sit down to think about it.

And then, I remember where it is. It's under the house, going to this......
460283_10201375522652288_2120823577_o.jpg

I've always managed with 2 cords (though I could really use 3) and with no funds to buy another one.... I guess we'll see how creative I can get with one!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Way nice of a yard, I would never get anything done with a distraction like that !
thanks :) I hate it (the yard, not the pool). we sit in a field basically. i know some would love it, but I'm telling you, there's times when a small little yard sounds REALLY good LOLOLOL. the front is just as big as the back (which would be killer if I did a huge haunt and had a ton of ToT LOLOLOL)

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I have enough outdoor extension cords to run from one end of a football gridiron to the other and back again, and I still don't have enough for yard and maintenance things I need to do on a week to week basis, let alone power my Halloween.

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drained my pool last week and reclaimed an extension cord in preparation. Just gotta prioritize sometimes!
see, you get colder than i do, as long as i leave the pump on i dont have to worry about freezing, and filling the pool costs a fortune. i LOVE my pool. it might rival halloween, if only because i can use it longer LOLOLOL

ill just buy another cord LMAO

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I don't even know how many extension cords I own anymore. All I know is that they are mostly all in a large bag that has been sitting in my foyer for over a year now. Between last Halloween and Christmas and me being too lazy to lug the bag back upstairs, the foyer has become their home. The worst part is that they are all green and I have no idea which one is which length. I bought a multipack of colored electrical tape last year with the plan of labeling all of them, but I never got around to doing that either.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've got a bunch in my garage and a rubbermaid bucket labeled Holiday extension cords that has become a permanent fixture on my porch. Still seems like when Halloween rolls around they're either too short or way too long. One of these years I'll get it figured out without having to rack my brain trying to figure out how to plug everything in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
So, working outside (off and on, I have a pretty small display) and having issues... part of my issue is I'm moving gretchen (witch) away from the porch. So, in the past, I've always been able to tie her into the porch lights, which tied into the fence lights and the lights along the driveway. I took down the fence last week, and am moving gretchen, which poses some issues. Well, i pull out my extension cord, and go 'where's the other one?'

Sit down to think about it.

And then, I remember where it is. It's under the house, going to this......
View attachment 174680

I've always managed with 2 cords (though I could really use 3) and with no funds to buy another one.... I guess we'll see how creative I can get with one!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh my! Just two cords? How do you do it? I use at least six or seven super long heavy duty cords at Halloween and that's just outside. You're right - they are expensive - so although I own a few, I always end up borrowing some from friends and neighbours. I'm careful to label who owns which ones and strive to get them back to their owners a.s.a.p. after Halloween. But I admit I avoid borrowing things, any things, because I am terrible about returning them. It's a weakness of mine and I recognize it;.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I've got a bunch in my garage and a rubbermaid bucket labeled Holiday extension cords that has become a permanent fixture on my porch. Still seems like when Halloween rolls around they're either too short or way too long. One of these years I'll get it figured out without having to rack my brain trying to figure out how to plug everything in.
o_O Exactly how do you go about using a rubbermaid bucket as an extension cord?

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
thanks :) I hate it (the yard, not the pool). we sit in a field basically. i know some would love it, but I'm telling you, there's times when a small little yard sounds REALLY good LOLOLOL. the front is just as big as the back (which would be killer if I did a huge haunt and had a ton of ToT LOLOLOL)
Yeah, big yards are great until you have to mow and maintain them. :mad:

Seems like I have several cords but I can never seem to find them when I need them. :confused:

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
o_O Exactly how do you go about using a rubbermaid bucket as an extension cord?
Well it's really quite simple. Simply drop the plug of whatever device you are using into the bucket, turn on item and either make sounds similar to what the device would make or stand back in awe at the magnificence of those lights. What a great way to save on electricity! :p

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Witchymom sounds like an item to add to your secret reaper list next year.

The water bill doesn't need to be paid this month use that monies to buy a new cord. LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts