Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK this is in the one in Casselberry, FL. Hope that helps someone here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I frickn' love Halloween, but finding stuff for a single night of celebrating at the end of Oct. in June kind of takes something out of it for me. By the time it gets here, this stuff will have been in the stores for 4+ months. By then, it won't feel special to me any more. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I frickn' love Halloween, but finding stuff for a single night of celebrating at the end of Oct. in June kind of takes something out of it for me. By the time it gets here, this stuff will have been in the stores for 4+ months. By then, it won't feel special to me any more. Am I the only one?
The only time Halloween didn't feel special to me is when I spent too much time (and money) working on a walk through to the point I was exhausted and got burned out....Seeing merch in stores "too early" doesn't even register on my scale....LOL....It's just an appetizer for what's to come....ZR

·
Registered
104 Posts
We are lucky in the UK if stuff gets here by early October! (OK that is a slight exaggeration but that's how it feels).
Absolutely... It might be September in the odd place, but yes, it's shocking here in the UK, and what's worse, it's all cheap tat... We don't get anything quality or in abundance like you guys do in the states..

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is "tat" short for? All I can think of is the Queen lyric from "The Fair Feller's Master Stroke", "Tatterdemalion & a junketer...", one of the first songs I had to trot out the old dictionary to understand.

I don't like Halloween stuff being out in June just like I don't like Christmas being out in July but I tend to go see the stuff because it's a little exciting, buy what I really LOVE right then because if you don't buy it when you see it it will not be there in another month because it will either be sold out or moved outta the way for CHristmas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is "tat" short for?

I don't like Halloween stuff being out in June just like I don't like Christmas being out in July but I tend to go see the stuff because it's a little exciting, buy what I really LOVE right then because if you don't buy it when you see it it will not be there in another month because it will either be sold out or moved outta the way for CHristmas.
It's just short for tatty.. Or in other words, cheap ****e.. And I agree with your view on not wanting to see things too soon.. But like you I do go and look because all the good pieces will either have gone or been moved by September..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Argh! This year is going to be SO HARD for me with all the Halloween temptations. I will be radically downsizing my living situation next year so getting anything new is out of the question. In fact, I will be giving away or selling about 1/2 of what I have already. I will live vicariously through all of you and "window shop" online.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep thinking about making the trip out there soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
its part of the seasonal change.
Like the 1st bulbs appearing before winter is over, a little tease and then it snows and the weather gets cold again. Its not spring THEN, but just a little taste. Too me, those 1st items on on the shelves is a little taste, it's not really Halloween season until, back to school is cleared out! And in the states, that varies by region. And by Oct 1st its all Christmas!
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
582 Posts
No, I feel the same. I do love seeing Halloween stuff out early in a way, since I think about Halloween all year long anyway, but it's hard to get into the spirit when it's the dead of the summer down here in Texas. But since they roll out Christmas stuff in early September, you gotta get Halloween/fall out early, too.

I think what I hate about it the most is the Halloween stuff disappearing off shelves by late September/early October. You can't really go browse fall decorations in the actual fall season anymore. By then it'll all be wall-to-wall Christmas decor.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts