Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I project an old castle facade onto my house every year. Thinking I need an old style throne to sit in while giving out candy.

Not sure how to go about it..thinking of 2x4's etc for the frame but I don't want it to be too heavy (need to get it into a crawlspace for storage)..
Has anyone ever doctored up an existing chair with foam board?

Possibly get an adirondack and extend the back with foam? I was looking for inspiration and these stuck out..

For example, a google search pulled up a Rob Zombie stage prop inspired throne from a guy named Doug Huffier..No how to..looks like he used all wood and mentioned that it was massive and heavy...
DougHaffner-throne.jpg

Or could I use foam board to "boxout a chair..
stone_throne__by_zacktor-d6opepf.jpg

Has anyone done anything like this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It might help with the weight and storage if you build it as separate components that you can bolt together (ex., the arms and back are separate from the seat). That'd also let you frame out the arms and back using something light like 1x3 covered with foam, while you can make the seat a bit sturdier to hold your weight.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I totally agree. Thinking of a box seat that I can bolt foam covered back sides and front to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts