Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 13 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
I used plastic protein shake containers and used bread dough clay. I did a basic form with tin foil on the lid and then covered that. For the container itself I decoupaged tissue paper on and then painted it.
There are pics floating around the forum somewhere under I think egyptian theme.

· Registered
168 Posts
That other pic that was posted is a good one. Wish I would have had that for a reference when I did my jars!

I did have one that cracked a little but it hadn't been thick enough I think. The others are fine.
As for bugs... they were sealed well and then outside in the pyramid and it was probably too cold. ( If they are sealed well they should be okay anyways.)

DAAS airdry clay is maybe what they suggested at michaels? I've used it before for other projects and it works quite well. I've also used Celluclay but it won't give a smooth finish without a lot of fiddling around. It is more a glorified paper mache. I prefer DAAS.

What about making it and then putting it on the top of the container after it is dry?
You wouldn't have the problem then of the glass preventing it from drying properly.

1 - 3 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.