Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my tombstones out but the large one has nothing to anchor it, the other dollar store ones have flimsy metal T bar looking things. I want them to be secure in the ground and not blow over, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could always hop into a hardware store and pick up some 6" or 8" metal stakes that have holes throughout so you can nail, screw, conceal inside, etc. The easiest way to pull them back up is to use a monkey/pipe wrench and slip the wrench with a tad bit of slop around the stake, pull up to lock and twist back and forth like a jitterbugging fool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We use rebar to anchor our tombstones in our yard. We make our tombstones from insulation foam so it is easy to poke a hole in the bottom edge for the rebar. Just cut some 18" pices of rebar, make some holes for them in the bottom of your tombstone, pound the stakes in the ground at the appropriate width, then place your tombstone onto the stakes. It works for us.

·
Registered
415 Posts
can u buy these gardening stakes anyhwhere..i was just about to post a question on how to anchor my tombstones..which i put some up yesterday...i need better placers..

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
We use rebar to anchor our tombstones in our yard. We make our tombstones from insulation foam so it is easy to poke a hole in the bottom edge for the rebar. Just cut some 18" pices of rebar, make some holes for them in the bottom of your tombstone, pound the stakes in the ground at the appropriate width, then place your tombstone onto the stakes. It works for us.
great idea i have to try this i have tons of rebar to :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have been using the rebar method for years

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
here is what I do. I cut 7 inches of PVC pipe. I then take my handy dandy hot styrofoam knife and carefully cut 7 inche stripps on the back of the stone one foot apart. then carefully lift out the cut foam. I then use hot glue or guarilla glue to glue the PVC pipe in the strip. I then cut the styrofoam and glue it back in the groove. When it sets up and you paint over it the job in unreconizable. I then cut 18 inches of rebar and pound it in the groud living 7 inches above ground one foot apart. The PVC and tombstone fit over the top and presto chango, alacazam you have tombstones that stand aganst the winds we get out here in the Pacific NorthWest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts