Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started decorating today. I can only get a week off this year prior to Halloween. The wife and daughter were both off work today so they helped me get started. Anybody else starting to decorate yet?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hung up the new wall sconces I finished this last weekend. Couldn't wait!

Halloween Skull Candle Wall Sconce Wreath 13.jpg

This year, I'm going to trickle the decorations out over the next few weeks and save the big props for the night before. Give the neighbors something to talk about.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dug out all of my stuff today. 9 totes. Most of it is out now should be totally done tomorrow. It's all on the inside so I can take my time

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,982 Posts
My decor starts to show up in bits & pieces when stuff starts showing up in stores, so usually in August. Currently in front of our fireplace there's a light up screaming pumpkin from Zulily, 2 terra cotta pumpkins from Home Goods & the Frankenstein bust from Home Goods.

I'll seriously start decorating inside & outside (just the blow molds & 2 inflatables I just bought) last week of Sept./first weekend of Oct.

·
Registered
456 Posts
This is the first year we have decorated for Halloween. We started around the first or second week of august with a Halloween wreathe for the door. A couple of weeks later it was a 4' christmas tree from Goodwill touched up with black paint and red accents. Then we made a few ornaments and a topper. K-Mart provided a couple of large light up skulls, a pumpkin and a couple of rat skeletons to hide in the tree with their boney little heads peaking out. We got a 50" furry grey spider and 2' pumpkin headed skeleton hanging from the ceiling. Hobby Lobby had fall stuff at 40% off around August so we got a couple of funkins that we carved last week. Also we bought 2 not-funkin but the same thing cheap at Michaels and carved those. We made a 5' Oogey Boogey to display outside and are toying with the idea of a small graveyard ( small like 5' x 5'). My wife made an awesome Sam candy jar, and I have a few other projects in different stages of completion. I've had to put most on hold to work on the treats for my secret reaper and finish my Joker costume.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Inside the house is done. Started on the outside stuff yesterday.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sigh. If only our neighborhood would let us. I'm pretty sure our HOA restricts us to two weeks before, but I'm having someone check the bylaws. Luckily I'll have Wednesday-Friday off, so counting Tuesday afternoon that's a lot of straight-up decorating time.

Reactions: IshWitch

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yep, going strong inside and startled myself tonite when i turned on my outside lights and forgot i put in the shorting light bulbs and when they flickered and turned off on me while i was in the dark, i jumped........lol... love it when you scare yourself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, inside is getting done. Put a couple teasers outside: skelly in the shrubs and the skelly dogs. The real outside decorating starts this weekend. That involves hanging skellies on the house like they are breaking in. Oh so excited.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Everything decorated inside and I keep adding more because of new purchases. I have to keep reminding myself I should not put anything outside yet or my neighbors will think I am crazy. They do not decorate for any holiday, even Christmas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Assuming all goes as planned, either Friday or Saturday! I can't wait :D

Reactions: IshWitch

·
Registered
18 Posts
I started on the inside in August. I have decided not to really do anything on the outside this year because the last two years, the property management people decided they were going to paint after I had put everything up. So I had to take it all down for them to take three weeks longer than they said they would to paint and then put my stuff back up. I don't feel like dealing with it this year. :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
No, mine are all boxed up for our Oct 3 move:( So I will have to watch everyone else have fun but me. On the plus side we are going out to the local farms this weekend for corn mazes, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin patches, and fresh pressed at the farm apple cider!! If I'm lucky I can put out decorations the last week of October.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts