Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure what whether to post this under Props or Craft, props won.

As part of scene setting, I have been collecting old (Victorian/Edwardian) anatomy illustrations from the web.

As they are old they should be out of copyright (hopefully)

Then printing them either on some parchment paper I have or aging them in Photoshop. Some will go in frames I have.

Others will be distressed with ragged edges and hand written amendments and comments. These could be light hearted or in our case dark and disturbing.

I found sources of Grays Anatomy 1918 edition, some example thumbnails are below. (click on each to enlarge)

To find others search terms such as;

anatomy illustrations
animal illustrations

you get the idea

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those will be FANTASTIC!

I'm fortunate in that I work in the healthcare industry, so when I first started flirting with the idea of kicking the haunt up a notch, I ran to one of my ER docs and asked them to recommend an anatomy book - she said that Netter's Anatomy is one of the best. I then proceeded to skip paying $90 for it and broke several copyright laws by photocopying all of the plates that interested me. (They've since become scattered throughout the house, so I think I'm going to end up buying the book anyway.)

But suffice it to say, anatomy atlases are AWESOME for any haunter.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
You got great pictures! I made something similar a few years ago for my sister, a nurse, but the pics were a bit more modern :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some anatomy drawings I have always loved come from the book "De humani corporis fabrica" by Andreas Vesalius (1514-1564) Might want to look at some of those

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We framed a few and placed them around the house.

This one we have used as a sign for the door to the lavatory :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
We framed a few and placed them around the house.

This one we have used as a sign for the door to the lavatory
I think you should hang it IN the lavatory so they can contemplate it as they go about their business :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts