Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend, let's call him Marco, needs to make an anatomically correct skeleton by October 2nd for a class project. I need a tutorial or good ideas on how to make them. It HAS to be anatomically correct (or it has to be capable of us making it anatomically correct) or it's a no go. Any ideas?

I would just like to have these tutorials here for future reference.

Skeleton Hands

-Skull And Bone-

Skeleton

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Define "anatomically correct"...do you just need all the bones to be pretty much the right shape and size, or is a doctor going to study this before doing surgery?

If you really need it to be exact, you're probably gonna have to sculpt it in clay, bone by bone...and that's not gonna be cheap either (in fact, it could even go over would go over the cost of a bucky).

I've made some reasonably good skellies out of paper mache, but I don't know how anatomically correct you can make them: Paper Mache Skeletons

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend is doing it for a school project so it at least certain bones have to be within a certain margin of error. That papier mache guide could be really helpful, I'll run that by him.

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
Well, Bob is 'anatomically similar'.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/79779-b-y-o-b-paper-mache-skeleton.html

The spine would be a major pain in the butt to be accurate. My ribs are not 100% accurate, built for ease and looks. Everything else is taken pretty much off a bucky for measurements.

The Scapula could be made accurate with a little clay and time, the pelvis as well.

I didn't even TRY on the feet... but it could be done.

The Radius and Ulna were built for ease at the cost of accuracy.

I know I've seen one that is awful accurate, meant to be cut out of wood, and assembled bone-by-bone....I'll see if I can find it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts