Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
luckily we don't have to take down all of our haunt-it's through the woods and in an huge open field. the graveyard is near the end of the trail where the woods thin out to just a couple of trees. and normally we have the regular Styrofoam or plywood/MM tombstones...
but this year i called the local monument company. after explaining that our haunt is for charity (Salvation Army and Toys For Tots) they generously donated some markers. these are samples of designs they no longer offer, mis-spellings, and old ones whose families have replaced with new ones (one is over 100 years old!) we loaded 17 marble tombstones onto our trailer yesterday and have the option of getting more! you do not want to have to move these every year- they are HEAVY... but it is an option for those of you who have the space to leave your haunt up year-round!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!!
That's awesome.
Would love to see pictures.
The ability to leeve them out all year is great.
That way they get nice and weathered, naturally.

Finn

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Hey good idea. I'm sure the places around here get miss spelled ones all the time. Might have to give them a ring and see if they are willing to give or let me purchase them for cheap.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just think....
years from now...
someone will move near there or buy the land or one of many other happenings...
and they'll find an unknow graveyard...
with no bodys-HOME (LOLOLOL)

Oh the stories you will have left the ground work for.
HUmmmmm
nice work

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Because I am on the historical society, I often frequent old graveyards. Well one saturday my hubby and I are at this fairly new cemetery, looking around, reading markers. I walk off to the edge of the property and there is 3 stones sitting on top of a pile of garbage bags. They were broken in many places, we went and found that, the original markers indeed had been replaced, I contacted the owner of the cemetery and he said that we could have the old ones. I am hoping I didn't bring any ghosts home with me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds Great but I would check with your local or county first before you set up a year round haunted cemetery. They just might let you do it, but besure to start on a fence to keep Drunk high school kids out. Next you need a story to go with it the cemetery im sure these nice people in here can give you imput.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we set up an aged-looking picket fence around the cemetery. where our trail is all the surrounding land is owned by members of the same family, so hopefully there won't be a problem with kids messing around. i didn't think to contact anyone about it though... *worries*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts