Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to work out the logistics and haven't yet tried this and maybe someone else already has.

Plastic cans. They vary in size so you can easily make different sizes and they can be super glued and hot glued into place not to mention you can probably zip tie them together. Also I've got about 50 of the plastic wood looking blinds that I had to remove from my blinds to shorten them.

I know they can probably be bent using a heat gun and then glued to pvc rather easily. I've got to give this a try this weekend.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I used garden hose :)
The cheap ones are about $10 for 50 feet and are very stiff which works out great. They're also already curved in the shape of ribs which is a plus. I used it on my pumpkin rot and it worked great. I had a piece of pvc for the backbone then used a short piece for the sternum in front and wrapped the ribs around both securing them along the way with duct tape (I used screws in the pvc)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea, I recently used strips of pipe insulation. I cut up and skewered on hanger wire. But you can get these plastic cans all over the place. I see them on the side of the roads all over.

Just use a jig saw and cut off the parts you don't need. Then measure about two inch lengths and cut them up. You can then use a heat gun to mold and bend them even more if you like.

Then for those of us who use spray adhesive you can put your cotton or even pipe insulation for depth then wrap that. I like the hose. It seems simple and easy. I always like easy.

I've been working on the logistics of making a realistic Samuri outfit. They suggest using old garbage cans or 5 gallon paint cans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts