Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally had to resort to posting for this because I have tried everything else ( looked through all my book marks and did multiple site searches). I read a posting a few years back about a person that had created an outdoor sound system with multiple zones that could have different tracks. He used multiple 2 ch amps and speakers that were all housed in the same box. These amps and speakers were relatively inexpensive and I thought I had bookmarked the page of where he purchased them at.
Well low and behold I can not for the life of me find the bookmark anymore :mad: So I was wondering if any of this might sound familiar to anyone?
I know this was a few years ago and the odds are against me, but if anyone has any leads I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am eventually looking to create a permanent outdoor sound system with multiple zones that can have different tracks in each zone. I liked the amps amps because they were completely enclosed and if I remember correctly they were also mountable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly are you wanting to do? There are tons of dirt cheap amplifiers on ebay.
Thanks for the tip on ebay, I just did a quick search and found them. They were the Pyle brand amp that he was using.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
There's even cheaper amps than that. I have a few stereo amps that were only $5 each and will drive a large set of speakers easily.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't forget the speakers:
Pyle PDWR40B 5.25" Black Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof 400 Watts Speakers
Pyle PDWR30B 3.5" Black Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof 300 Watts Speakers

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love these: Pyle 120 watt amplifiers PLAY USB flash drives (Model PTAU45)
http://www.snydercentral.com/halloween/SpookyBox/SpookyBox.html
View attachment 394026
Thanks Russel, you were the person who originally introduced me to these amps. Do you use them year round or are the only used for the month of October?
I ask because I am thinking about using them for year round outdoor use and I wonder how they will hold up? Also how is the output, do they have enough power to be used outdoors and still have good sound quality?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Thanks J Man. I have been looking at those style of amps and been thinking about using them for individual props that need sound.
Yep, great for props but don't under estimate those little amps, powered with a 5A supply and a decent set of speakers you'd be amazed at the output.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks Russel, you were the person who originally introduced me to these amps. Do you use them year round or are the only used for the month of October?
I ask because I am thinking about using them for year round outdoor use and I wonder how they will hold up? Also how is the output, do they have enough power to be used outdoors and still have good sound quality?
I use 1 amp and 4 speakers year round. I've never had a problem. More than half way up on the volume is too loud in the front yard for every day use. I crank them up to the max when I use them for props. It has a microphone jack that is great for Halloween or just every day messing with the neighbors.

To further attest to me loving them I snapped some more pic for inventory. I found 9 more besides the ones pictured in the spooky box so I guess I own 19 of them. Give one a try. Be sure and check Amazon and EBay for deals. That's how I acquired mine.Also sure to get model PTAU45. Pyle has another model without a Balance and some other slight difference. I didn't like it as much.
moreamps.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
The voices in my head said I needed a super load ear shattering audio source for one prop so I tried one of these. Pros - it's loud and has two wireless microphone (you can be a little bit country and your buddy can be a little bit rock and roll. Cons - it's huge and heavy and has digital input selection instead of an analog switch so when you power it on you have to fiddle with it to play from the usb thumb drive.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use 1 amp and 4 speakers year round. I've never had a problem. More than half way up on the volume is too loud in the front yard for every day use. I crank them up to the max when I use them for props. It has a microphone jack that is great for Halloween or just every day messing with the neighbors.

To further attest to me loving them I snapped some more pic for inventory. I found 9 more besides the ones pictured in the spooky box so I guess I own 19 of them. Give one a try. Be sure and check Amazon and EBay for deals. That's how I acquired mine.Also sure to get model PTAU45. Pyle has another model without a Balance and some other slight difference. I didn't like it as much.
View attachment 394034
Thanks for all the info, I am definitely going to give these a try and see how they work.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts

View attachment 394034
Sorry to resurrect the thread!!

Russell, can the PTUA45 loop audio seamlessly? I recently purchased a TechnicalPro UREC-7 that can loop an audio file, but it doesn't do so without a 2-second gap in the track. VERY ANNOYING.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put 2 small mp3s on a thumb drive and took a video them playing. I notice no gap between the two audio files and no gaps when the PTUA45 repeats them. Disregard the appearance. I rushed and did something to the video when I compressed it that made everything look shorter and wider.

http://www.snydercentral.com/halloween/H2018/videos/PTUA45_loop.mp4
You've gone above and beyond to help with with that answer! Thank you so much! These might replace the PT8000CH stack I was looking at. One last question you might be able to help me out with: does the "REC Out" act as a line-out? In case I want to use this solely as a player and let another amp do the speaker powering?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts