Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to create a group of original Werewolves for a local Chicago haunt. This is the first sculpt of the bunch. I am doing something a little different with the teeth this time. I am going cast the head in rubber but the "dentures" are going to be resin which will require three molds in total. Right now the teeth in the photo are a just a place holder. I think I am going to sculpt the finals fangs out of Monster Clay.

Here is the original Photoshop project comp for fun. You can tell that instead of going with a full Wolf's head, I shortened the noise a little and the ears point more outward. I don't know why, sometimes sculptures kind of pull you in a certain direction.

Thanks for checking out my thread.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great feedback, the haunt is The Nightmare from North St. In East Dundee. I just finished a new responsive website for them.
I am working on some skull torches, evil diseased elves, and freak show tarp paintings this month as well. So the project is keeping me busy. I will post progress pics soon.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Four days before Halloween I am still decorating ye old homestead. I guess its better late than ever. I wanted to to do a grey version of the werewolf I was commissioned for last year. It is interesting how different he turned out from the previous one when I was basically following the same technique. I decided to give this one blue eyes for variety.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great stuff man. I really want to get back to sculpting.

What clay are you using?

I bought a ****load of wed clay but ended up not using it except for a couple of small sculpts when i was teachign myself to cast latex masks.

I didn't really like the clay much.. having to keep it wet or it would dry out and crack. Since I need to set stuff aside and come back to it schedule-wise, i guess i need oil based clay.

Monster Makers is near me here in Cleveland and I sort of like their monster clay but feel like it's a bit expensive.

Again.. great work on the sculpt and finished product.

Nice website.. $3 for glass eyes? Damn.. might have to pick up a couple to have..

Just FYI.. your WP shortcodes arent working on your eyeball page.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the heads up on the broken links. I will check it out. I tried wed clay as well. Which is pretty good. The last few sculptures have been my own mix of pottery clay and glycerin. I can control the drying time more easily. I bought a heavy duty mixing bit from the home depot and use a two gallon plastic bucket with lid to mix it up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
spookydave
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing