Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best fog machine out there. From what I read American DJ and Chauvet are the best. I'm deciding between the dj 1700 or the chauvet 1800. What do you guys recommend? Will be using whichever we decide to buy on our haunted trail.

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
i haven't had very good luck with american or chauvet ...

my recommendation is to go with vei machines ...

my original fogger was their v919 and it's still going strong, although it is a low power unit, after 7 years or so ...

last year i got a v935 ... amazing machine, came with a wireless remote ... :)

got it from hauntedfog.com for $139.99 ... they have a 936 for the same price c/w wireless remote ... click here => http://www.hauntedfog.com/Fog%20Machines%203.htm... the 936 is their mid range fogger ... amazing "bang for the buck" without breaking the bank

my $0.02

amk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the American DJ 1200, and it worked great in my yard haunt last year. I got the remote control for it, programmed a delay, and let it go. Worked great. I've never used a Chauvet, although, like you, I did my research on them before I bought mine and didn't see any big red flags. I know this doesn't help you much, but I thought I should chime in with a thumbs up for American DJ.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I am also a Dj and the chauvet hurricanes put out a tremendous amount of fog. I have used several machines and I am also looking to purchase another used chauvet hurricane. American Dj products are ok but I prefer chauvet over them. Antari and blizzards are also nice machines. I am currently scouring craigslist for those also. Just waiting for the right price. When we Dj you may sometimes need to fog up a whole venue so high powered machines are a must. These machines on a chiller make great additions for halloween.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Chauvet 1800 flex and have been impressed with it so far. I've only had it for 3 years though. Serious output though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts