Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product: American DJ Fog Storm 1700HD
The bottom line, I would not buy it again and would not recommend it to others.
First, product specifications do not represent the unit accurately.
Examples:
• 1,700W High output professional fog machine

Wrong, With 116V (Pulls the 120V wall voltage down to 116V) input mine draws 1448 Watts while heating and goes up to 1508 W when making fog.
I could have bought another brand 1500W machine for less money. A call to American DJ (A DJ) revealed these units vary from 1460 W to 1700 W.

• Electronic Thermo Sensing (ETS): electronic heater stays hot at all times with no warm-up time between fog blasts

Wrong, mine outputs fog for 15 seconds then has to reheat for 68 seconds before it can output again. A call to American DJ revealed I got a better one, most only output fog for 13 seconds before needing to stop and reheat.

I set the timer for 2 seconds (duration) every 10 second (interval), the unit runs 2 or 3 cycles like this, then has to stop and reheat for 50 seconds, then it can fog for 2 every 10 again for another 2 cycles. ADJ confirmed their house unit did the same.

• 15,000 Cubic feet per minute fog output

Yeah right, if it could fog continuously for 60 seconds it might have a chance. But since it only outputs fog for 15 seconds before needing to stop and reheat for 68 seconds, there is no way this rate could be true. Even assuming all mfgs weasel on the cu ft / min number, as in how dense is the fog each is claiming to measure, if you can’t run for a minute you don’t make 15,000 per minute.

Add to this customer service that doesn’t call back with answers when they say they will, and email asking ADJ how their machine should be prepared for storage goes unanswered.
Combined makes me say, move on, this is not the fog machine you are looking for.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a response back from American DJ on storage preparation, kinda , sorta.

"We recommend running the unit every three months to keep the
pump in good working order. Please keep the unit away from dust and extreme temps. "

Wish they would have addressed if we should leave the fluid in the tank, or in the lines, or removing it all, or flushing w/ water. I'm going w/ VEI and Gemmy's suggestions of emptying the tank and leaving any fluid in the lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts