Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a great thread to put pumpkin carvings on and inspire us all. Post any kewl carvings you find or better yet have done :)

I saw this one on the images for Halloween art and was blown away by the detail :)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Ok, here are some of my favorites:

These are just dang impressive!

This one is just plain funny.

These two just bring out the sci-fi geek in me.

And this one is very cool. I want to try carving this at Halloween this year.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Just awesome, very inspirational.

But, really, how many of US here have the amount of time needed to dedicate to any detailed work like that in the week leading up to the BIG NIGHT....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I know I don't half the time I buy tons of pumpkins and don't manage to get them carved..... Too much going on and then I regret not getting it done somehow one of the most important icons of halloween always falls to the last of my to do lists :( One of my favorite holiday things Jack-o-lanterns. Don't get me wrong. I do one or two, but usually with just the normal generic carving..
One of my goals this year make inspirational pumpkins :)

·
6,359 Posts
It has become a tradition in our family to carve pumpkins one evening the week before Halloween. I think if I skipped that, my girls would really be mad at me!!

Of course, we are no where near that skill level. I was happy last year when my five year old actually put two eyes on her pumpkin. And every year, my oldest puts eye lashes on her!! C'mon, eye lashes??

Way to many girls in my house. :p

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
The one with predator is just mind boggling, it looks like you'd definitely lose a finger if you try sticking it in his mouth. Its so animated looking. I love the death star, hehe and the skelly face is wicked as well, very lifelike. I love the pumpkin massacre, hes got a face in his hand? lol Id probably pee my pants if I saw that in person. :D

·
6,359 Posts
Here are a few more that I enjoy.

This one is an impressive display of detailed carving in the traditional "through the skin" style.

This one is just hysterical. I mean, I know it's not a traditional Halloween carving, but it's still great.

And this one is great. This is another style I might actually try this year. Traditional eyes and 3D carved teeth.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My son desperately wanted to do that cannibal pumpkin last year, we just ran out of time! I have no front yard, so I was thinking of using funkins and putting him on the roof!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh wow I think that's great a pumpkin carving night can be lots of fun. I usually carve mine the day of or the night before and never get them done..... what a good idea for a family evening event :) Pumpkin soup and pumpkin carving anyone with toasted pumpkin seeds to boot? I hear it calling my name this year for sure.

With this year's Halloween being on the weekend you think they'd last from Monday til then?

I love all these pics of amazing pumpkins people are posting I'm in awe :)

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Wow. My past carvings look sad and pitiful now! I am REALLY going to have to step up my game this year. I was thinking about that Jack Skellington one.... Since that's our theme this year (and I carved Zero last year).... I'm gonna see about getting some better tools this year, as all of mine are starting to fall apart from years of wear tear and abuse... We usually carve anywhere from 5-10 pumpkins, including a BigMac...posted below.. he's my alltime favorite from a couple years ago....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts