Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it looks like I will have to cancel the halloween camping trip this week end, today went to the doc and I have pneumonia, plus it is supposed to be rainy and cold. so I should do the responsible thing and cancel, although I am screaming "NO!" inside, I plan these weekend all year, I don't have a big home haunt so this is my time! I do have one more, but I still want both of them! this sucks so bad, but I actually am so run down and whipped I can't get the energy to be anything but depressed, tiredly depressed. Had a few more final touchs to nail down, but haven't the energy to get to them, so I guess I need to just give into not going.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Definitely don't go camping with pneumonia!!! Sounds like a perfect excuse to stay home on the couch watching horror movies while consuming large amounts of your favorite hot beverage. Take care and feel better soon...

·
Registered
51 Posts
So sorry your feeling bad, but pneumonia is nothing to mess with!! Better to miss one event and be able to be there for the next one!! Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
668 Posts
oh I'm so sorry to hear it's canceled. Is there a way you can do most of what you usually do on the camping trip indoors in a different spot? Just trying to think outside of the box of a way to not get sicker and enjoy your weekend. Perhaps do a halloween lock in somewhere with everyone who was going to go camping?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry about that :( It really sucks to be sick when there is something you want to do. Maybe rent some spooky movies, and camp out in front of your TV all weekend.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I feel your pain... I had Pneumonia Halloween 2003. Sucked. However, if you've been diagnosed and you have medicine-- you'll at least be feeling better within a week, so you won't miss the big day (Halloween).

Get lots of rest-- EVERY chance you get. If they gave you the Z-Pak (and it actually works for you) and some of that Codeine laced cough syrup (so you can get restful sleep when you do sleep)... I give you 3-4 days before you feel like Superman. *grin*

Just make the most of it.

Depending on how bad it is... you still might be able to go camping... the key is to get your R&R in early. What about postponing the camping trip 1-week? Possible?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree, as hard as it might be definitely don't go. It's possible you'll only make yourself more ill and that's something I sure you want to avoid! Stay home and rest, watch scary movies, drink hot stuff and maybe even indulge in a little something sweet...and you can take this time to further plan out your second trip so it will be even more awesome. :cool: Missing a camping trip is a bazillion times better than ending up in the hospital. :)

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem, I also am going camping this weekend leaving friday morning and cant wait. I see you are in michigan as am i, my campground is in the Irish hills. Hope you feel better soon and i'm sorry to hear that you are sick. Hope fully you can find something else fun to do.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Cheer up, you can get to feeling better in a couple of weeks and still get something done then in time for halloween? Even if just for yourself do what you can there at home, and maybe invite a couple of friends over just for a couple of horror movies?

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem, I also am going camping this weekend leaving friday morning and cant wait. I see you are in michigan as am i, my campground is in the Irish hills. Hope you feel better soon and i'm sorry to hear that you are sick. Hope fully you can find something else fun to do.
Aren't the Irish Hills in errr... Ireland? ;)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,288 Posts
I'm so sorry you're sick and very VERY sorry that it's messing up your plans. :(

Get lots of rest, plenty of fluids and junk tv and get better so you can do your other haunt trip.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
AW!!! I'm so sorry that you are sick!!! Aw!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Break out the chicken soup...lots of juice if you can stand it. Then clear out the living room, pitch the tent, and drag the television inside for some great horror movies. LOL. Of course if you can't do that you could alway do as Gothriken suggests. Y

You know, I'd love to do a lockdown someday. Especially if there is something good involved, like spirits, and ghosts, and such.

Anyways, just get lots of rest and get better. That's the most important thing.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bethene, really it sucks.

But yeah don't take the risk.

Sit in the dark, light some candles, preferably yankee candle halloween ones, put on some horror movies and sip some hot cocoa. Sounds like a plan to me.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Sounds like you are going to get some rest, which by the sound of it, you could probably use. Too bad it's at home though. I know how it is to really look forward to doing something and then plans get changed. Well hang in there and take all your medication so it doesn't hit you again at the end of October. Hope you have someone to pamper you while you recuperate. I know I always miss my mom when I'm sick...my DH just isn't the same although he's always willing to pick up chicken noodle soup and medicine. Get well soon.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Awwww Bethene....sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you feel better soon :)

Is there a second in command that can take over for you? a hubby, son, daughter, crazy friend?

MsM

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Aw, I'm so sorry you're sick. Please rest and take care of yourself first.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Bethene, I got your card yesterday!! I am so sorry that my Halloween card buddy is sick. :( Get well sweety, and don't over do it!! I think we all tend to overdo it this time of year, so relax - you've still got one weekend!!

·
Reaper Queen
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, guys! We did cancel the trip this week end, there is another one on the 14th, so will concentrate on getting better to go to that one! I am so tired and run down right now, i can't imagine trying to set everything up , so I guess it is good we canceled, just been crashing on the couch or in bed, just watched a special on voodoo, which was cool, am gona spend the rest of the week doing more of the same~ with looking ahead to the next trip.
Hey Kprimm, where is the Irish hills located? have fun at you camping trip, is it sponsered thru a state park like the ones I go to?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts