• Down by Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can't be "The last" person to be taking down their indoor decorations, but I'm reluctantly dismantling my Halloween indoor decor starting today. My wife alerted me to the "need" to clear out the "decor macabre" due to her hosting a co-worker's baby shower. I tried to explain the decor would make it the most unique and memorable baby shower here in our town, but she failed to share my vision of an Addams Family themed event.
Is anyone else just now bringing out the storage tubs, or am I indeed the last one?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,788 Posts
You are NOT alone!! I'm doing the same thing today myself. I love it all but it's getting a bit old now. It would be less special if it were up all year.

Plus we have a small house & I'm starting to feel claustrophobic with all the decor. Then it's time for Christmas in a couple weeks so I need a week or 2 of breathing room.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Do not-yet-put-away outdoor decorations filling every available space count as "indoor" decorations? If so, yeah- I still have LOTS of indoor decorations.

Other than that, I have glass-fronted book cases that hold my Halloewwn Village- along with some other Halloween-themed items year-round.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I put everything away at the same time since they all get packed in the same boxes. We really don't do a lot of Halloween-specific decorating inside, just a couple of things, but there is plenty of fall-general decorations up that just stay up until we do Christmas. So Halloween all came down November 1.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I haven't put away my indoor Halloween decorations yet. I probably will this upcoming weekend since Thanksgiving is next week. But I might change my mind and leave it up longer.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I had all our outside stuff packed up by Nov 3rd, including the panels of our walk-thru. But the INSIDE stuff, the really cool, private stuff, the special stuff, the your eyes only stuff, the collector's only stuff, the privileged stuff, the irreplaceable stuff, the GOOD STUFF, it NEVER goes away...

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Part of the magic, for me, is the disappearance of alllll the decor. I love it all so very much but I pack it away within the week following Halloween. Please note, however, it all goes up at the end of August as a traditional birthday treat to myself. I like packing it all away and not looking at it because it makes it SO very special to pull out in August. I forget about certain decorations, especially ones picked up during after season sales and it's like a surprise every time I open a bin.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
If you actually WANNA BE the last guy to take his stuff down, you got a ways to go. There's an old hermit around the corner from is who hasn't taken down his Jack O'Lanterns for at least four years...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Taking stuff down is depressing. I'm still working on getting the outdoor stuff put away (I got a lot of stuff). It's mostly packed up on the porch. There's some indoor stuff still out as well, some lights and the village, but that's not as much of a priority. A little at a time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Part of the magic, for me, is the disappearance of alllll the decor. I love it all so very much but I pack it away within the week following Halloween. Please note, however, it all goes up at the end of August as a traditional birthday treat to myself. I like packing it all away and not looking at it because it makes it SO very special to pull out in August. I forget about certain decorations, especially ones picked up during after season sales and it's like a surprise every time I open a bin.
Kenneth, I really like your thinking! It reminds me of my youth, when the Charlie Brown specials or "The Wizard of Oz" was only available to watch on your TV set ONCE a year, and we impatiently waited for the big event! I'll bet that as you're reading this, you're hearing the "CBS Special Presentation" music in your head?!
It was a unique opportunity, with an element of magic; something I truly miss, as we have access to everything all the time. I'm going to make a more concerted effort to follow your lead on this, Kenneth! --And now I'm hungry for Dolly Madison Zingers!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had everything packed up and put away on Nov 3rd. I have the majority of my Christmas lights up already - I raced to get them up because the temperature took a nosedive last friday. They won't get turned on until the local Santa Claus parade, and the inside won't get decorated until early December.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,444 Posts
No, you're not the last. I just pulled down my FCG yesterday that hangs in a window right over my front door. (Motor is in the attic.)
Plus this morning I found a spooky portrait still hanging on the wall.
I'll be finding other things I missed until Christmas.......

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just took down the last of the Halloween decorations up today and brought out the Thanksgiving stuff.....not a lot, but I want the few pieces I do have to have their time out until the Christmas/Hanukkah stuff goes up after Thanksgiving.....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You are definitely not the only one! I am in serious procrastination mode, and all of my stuff is still all over the place. I wish I could hire someone to do it for me, but unfortunately this is one of those activities that I need to do myself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts