Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking about all the stuff I need to do to get ready for our Halloween Party that is in just 25 days! I got the kids off to school, drop my baby off at the sitters still making my list in my head of everything while I driving to work AND then I got a call from the school nurse that my son was sick & I needed to come get him. Am I bad for thinking (quietly to myself) "YEAH! I can go demortalize my house & start decorating!"? While I have the kids in for a nap I have half my everyday stuff out of my living room, halloween music playing, my cheese cloth dyed & drying.... I am 2 steps further than I was this morning & I am so excited. But I feel bad that my son is not feeling well. But elated at the same time. Am I a bad mom???

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wouldn't call you bad for that! I would call that taking advantage of an opportunity.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Not a bad mom at all. Mom's always have to be multi-taskers, and that's exactly what you were doing! You were there if your son needed anything and that's what matters.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
Nope. Not a bad mom. Just check in on the kids every now and then to be sure that they are okay, then take the opportunity to do what ya gotta do!!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Dang and I was really hoping for a bad mom, but sadly I must say that your just making the best of an opportunity that came knocking........now back to the bad mom business......;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't think you are a bad mom. I just think you are very excited for Halloween, and since the your child is sick, you are taking advantage of the opportunity to put some stuff up. I find it amazing though you say: Halloween Party that is in just 25 days, and you sound like it's tomorrow.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I think you're AWFUL!! LOL and I'd consider you a great friend!! LOL

Just kidding!!! Of course, Id be the exact same way, and have done so before! It's like everyone else said, you're only taking advantage of a situation!! No worries!

now....to get one of my boys sick.... ;)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
That's called making the most of an opportunity. What else would you have done? You can only spend so much time taking temps and making chicken soup! Hope your son feels better soon and you get a lot done while he is recovering!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
The very idea that you are excited to work on halloween stuff, tells me what a totally wonderful mom you are. Wish all mom's were like you.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
As a father I would say that every parent secretly expresses things to themselves. The bad parent expresses them to the child, or acts or fails to act on them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whew! Thank you everytone... I was feeling really guilty for being excited to be "forced" to take a day off today but I did get alot accomplished so that is a good thing. I was hoping to take tomorrow off too but my mom volunteered to watch my son tomorrow~darn her! I got half my living room spider webbed half the lights up. And one of the book shelves emptied. And started setting up my witches potions. Now if I could just get my cats to not destroy everything I did.... and my 2 yr old (UGH!!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Watch out for the 2 yr old! They're little swipers! The fact that you are going that far into detail for a party at your house 20X days in advance shows you're a great mom. That's 20x days your kids can enjoy the scenery!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts